Energy Saving Device
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of a unit called Airconosense which is designed to switch off air conditioning units if no movement is detected in a room for a pre-set period? It looks like they could save a fortune in electricity but we did wonder if they work as well as they claim and how well they work at night when someone is asleep.

Lindacm

Energy Saving Device
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of a unit called Airconosense which is designed to switch off air conditioning units if no movement is detected in a room for a pre-set period? It looks like they could save a fortune in electricity but we did wonder if they work as well as they claim and how well they work at night when someone is asleep.

We tried ones in our villa last year from EcoSense, but they didn't work well. They were made in China and soon broke. One out of 4 worked correctly.

We complained and they did give us a full refund.

grahamdady

Grahamdady
Energy Saving Device
Hi Kingstonia, we bought 4 of these units last year for our appartment @ £40 a shot need to buy 2x 1.5V D batteries which cost an arm & a leg to buy b4 connection. Not 1 of the 4 work no matter what/how we read the instructions, very disappointed, got back to the UK contacted the company, couldnt understand how they ddnt work, sent them all back, got all our money back £165 to include postage. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
GRAHAM/FCC/TOON

bigalant

Energy Saving Device
worked well for me.
have pals in Dalyan who love them.

batteries will last thru the peak season and then you can refresh next march.
Save you hundreds if not thousands.
Alan

grahamdady

Grahamdady
Energy Saving Device
Hi Superpp thanksm for your info these one`s look alot better than the product we bought last year THANK`s
Graham/FCC?TOON

grahamdady

Grahamdady
Energy Saving Device
Hi all the site given by SUPERPP is no longer live, have just tryed its DEAD
GRAHAM/FCC/TOON

hobbo

Energy Saving Device
I had 5 EcoSense 4000 units (the mains wired ones with built in smoke detector) fitted in our villa last year, had great difficulty getting them to work until I realized the label showing the function buttons was a mirror image, once sorted they have worked faultlessly since, non of my guests have complained (not even been been mentioned) and my elec bills have been reasonable.

bigalant

Energy Saving Device
we bought these one's last year.
Air conditioning Energy Saving switch. Low cost turn off air-con movement sensor
they do work, so will pay for themselves over time, then it's a money saver.

Hi Superpp

Many thanks and they do look more simple to use.
One thing I noticed is the off switch does this mean guests could bypass the unit and leave aircon going all day?

Any ideas?.

My ecosense 4000 are good once you set them up but I have a need for some more.Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

superpp

Energy Saving Device
Hi Superpp

Many thanks and they do look more simple to use.
One thing I noticed is the off switch does this mean guests could bypass the unit and leave aircon going all day?

Any ideas?.

My ecosense 4000 are good once you set them up but I have a need for some more.Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

guests could turn them off however I don't think it's very likely though as they aren't obviously for the aircon.
If guests are in the rooms the aircon stays on. It will only go off when they've not been in the room for a set period so they'll never be there when they turn off.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Energy Saving Device
Works ok for me also.

The main thing I don't like is the fact that because the AC unit turns off, then the room is not going to be maintained at a set temperature, so you may well find yourself walking into a war/hot room then having to wait for the AC unit to cool the room down.

But, as a energy saving device I think they are very good, and yes, probably in rented accommodation should be a must have device.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom