Saoirse

End of residency
Been asked this question and sont know answer.

When your 2 year residency runs out and you leave Turkey how long is it before you could return on a normal 90 day entry for holiday?

Cheera

Chasey

End of residency
The next day

We arrived 2nd Aug after end of residency 28th July, but that's close enough

Then we went to the PTT to collect out new 2 year Ikmacs (sp)

cigliboy

End of residency
If 2 of you are applying,do you both have to attend the interview my wife is looking after her mum in hospital in the UK ?
We are renewing by the way.

MJL

End of residency
If 2 of you are applying,do you both have to attend the interview my wife is looking after her mum in hospital in the UK ?
If you leave Turkey after the application has been submitted you have to restart the application process. And yes you have to attend the interview

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
End of residency
If you'd gone after your interview wouldn't have been a problem but not before. But our last interview we were asked nothing and he was walking out he had forgotten about us. We could have just been anybody.

cigliboy

End of residency
Does anyone have a link to the doc martin youtube video for strp renewal please ?

I tried on the facebook site and it has loads of videos about bodrum,walking etc etc....nothing about the process.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
End of residency
Does anyone have a link to the doc martin youtube video for strp renewal please ?

I tried on the facebook site and it has loads of videos about bodrum,walking etc etc....nothing about the process.

This is taken from his website....it has the videos.

cigliboy

End of residency
This is taken from his website....it has the videos.

thank you so much !

REDDERS

End of residency

[DOC]
If this is what you saw,it most certainly was not the DocMartin for Expats in Turkiye group.
I can assure you 100% there is nothing regarding walking or Bodrum on the site or in any of the 25 group files website.

cigliboy

End of residency
[DOC]
If this is what you saw,it most certainly was not the DocMartin for Expats in Turkiye group.
I can assure you 100% there is nothing regarding walking or Bodrum on the site or in any of the 25 group files website.
Thank you Redders for your reply. I have made my appointment now,seems to be fast at the moment,I applied on Thursday 8th of September and my appointment date is the 12th at 08.30 !
However,when i came to do my wifes application,the photo had to be exactly right,the system kicks out any tiny deviation from the standards.
When i got past this stage,it keeps rejecting her passport details even though they are the same as always. Could this be because she is not stamped in to Turkey as she is still in the UK ? I sent a screenshot to an email address called yimer@goc.gov.tr and received a reply saying as much.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated !!

cigliboy

End of residency
If you leave Turkey after the application has been submitted you have to restart the application process. And yes you have to attend the interview
We haven't completed her form yet as she is out of the country and I believe you can only complete when here as in stamped in through the airport. As we will spend more time in the UK than here for some time,if she lets her current 2 year residency lapse in November (we will be out of Turkey by then),does she revert to schengen rules for when she comes back ??

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
End of residency
Thank you Redders for your reply. I have made my appointment now,seems to be fast at the moment,I applied on Thursday 8th of September and my appointment date is the 12th at 08.30 !
However,when i came to do my wifes application,the photo had to be exactly right,the system kicks out any tiny deviation from the standards.
When i got past this stage,it keeps rejecting her passport details even though they are the same as always. Could this be because she is not stamped in to Turkey as she is still in the UK ? I sent a screenshot to an email address called yimer@goc.gov.tr and received a reply saying as much.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated !!
I as I understood you have to be in turkey to apply for RP.

cigliboy

End of residency
I as I understood you have to be in turkey to apply for RP.
Yes,I discovered this after an email from the goc idaresi this morning.
She probably will not renew her residency as we will spend most of our time in the UK from November. Presumably as she will be out of Turkey when it expires, she can return on an evisa under 90 in 180 rules ?

MJL

End of residency
Yes,I discovered this after an email from the goc idaresi this morning.
She probably will not renew her residency as we will spend most of our time in the UK from November. Presumably as she will be out of Turkey when it expires, she can return on an evisa under 90 in 180 rules ?
Yes, after the residency has expired the 90 days out of 180 days rule applies, so every 6 months you can only visit Turkey for 3 months , just keep an eye on the days as they are very strict!

cigliboy

End of residency
Yes, after the residency has expired the 90 days out of 180 days rule applies, so every 6 months you can only visit Turkey for 3 months , just keep an eye on the days as they are very strict!
Thank you for your reply !
Our problem is that in the future, we will come back full time,I am keeping my residency renewed as I think there are things you can't have without ?

Electricity, water,car tax etc is all in my name only gas is in her name.I guess that she will have to start again as a first time application which throws up the issue of minimum house value..

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
End of residency
Our problem is that in the future, we will come back full time,I am keeping my residency renewed as I think there are things you can't have without ?

Electricity, water,car tax etc is all in my name only gas is in her name.I guess that she will have to start again as a first time application which throws up the issue of minimum house value..
That is a good idea because with the new area control you might not get it back if the foreigners go over 20%
But if you are married surely that should not be a problem?

MJL

End of residency

Just be aware they are restricting numbers of new applicants in many regions, it’s worth a trip over every two years just to renew the application!

cigliboy

End of residency
Just be aware they are restricting numbers of new applicants in many regions, it’s worth a trip over every two years just to renew the application!
Interesting and stressful time yesterday at the Goc Idaresi,she kept asking for proof of income documents,I had screenshot bank accounts and printed them,never been asked before for this stuff.Not good enough was the answer,come back with copies stamped by your bank !
Eventually got back with the required papers and was only issued with 6 months. The senior lady told me sternly that I need to bring apostilled and translated/notarised proof of pension income,even though I am not yet a pensioner in the UK until June 2023,I only have my private ones so I will use them next year.
Could my mistake have been to say I am emekli on the application form ?
The last one I did 2 years ago,I could only be a hairdresser here for touristic purposes !
The staff appeared miserable and snappy,arguments in the booths going on. Lots of "fixers" flying in and out with stacks of paper.
This is how I remember the North Cypus immigration centre.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
End of residency
Interesting and stressful time yesterday at the Goc Idaresi,she kept asking for proof of income documents,I had screenshot bank accounts and printed them,never been asked before for this stuff.Not good enough was the answer,come back with copies stamped by your bank !
Eventually got back with the required papers and was only issued with 6 months. The senior lady told me sternly that I need to bring apostilled and translated/notarised proof of pension income,even though I am not yet a pensioner in the UK until June 2023,I only have my private ones so I will use them next year.
Could my mistake have been to say I am emekli on the application form ?
The last one I did 2 years ago,I could only be a hairdresser here for touristic purposes !
The staff appeared miserable and snappy,arguments in the booths going on. Lots of "fixers" flying in and out with stacks of paper.
This is how I remember the North Cypus immigration centre.
What a load of crap never had to prove money in bank., pension or anything. Never needed anything apostilled. It must be the area that's why I pay 100 tl all done for us we just let him take a new photo.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom