AkbuikPhil

Emlak says its Law Buyer and Seller have to pay 3% Commission
Hi i am new to this forum and new to Akbuk.

I recently purchased a property from an Emlak which turned out to be a complete nightmare

the Emlak i cannot speak too for various reasons, also threatened to sue me.

This Emlak claims in an email she sent to me.

''it is the Law 3 percent buyer pay 3 percent

Seller pays''

the Emlak did not finish off the sentence but continued to state.

''we didn't get 3 percent from the Seller.

The emlak continued to state in her email

''for the tax purpose and by Law her Legal Fee the Bill 4.832 Lira

Can anyone please tell me is it Law that the Buyer and Seller have to pay 3% commission to the Emlak.
as this Lady says its now Law.

i was never made aware of any Legal costs associated for the Emlak to carry out the estate agents Work.

i was not aware of any Solicitors involved but from this email it looks like this Emlak is saying for tax purposes and by Law she charges a legal fee for the transfer of the property into my name.

hope anyone out there can help as i lost trust with this Emlak and some how feel that something is not quite right with this
The emails list what the Emlak is going to do on the Day to carry out the transfer and give me the Tapu at the same time issuing me with threats to sue me.

Not very Happy
Thought Turkey was going to be a lovely Place to live in peace now i am having second thoughts.

Spurs

Spurs
Hi i am new to this forum and new to Akbuk.

I recently purchased a property from an Emlak which turned out to be a complete nightmare

the Emlak i cannot speak too for various reasons, also threatened to sue me.

This Emlak claims in an email she sent to me.

''it is the Law 3 percent buyer pay 3 percent

Seller pays''

the Emlak did not finish off the sentence but continued to state.

''we didn't get 3 percent from the Seller.

The emlak continued to state in her email

''for the tax purpose and by Law her Legal Fee the Bill 4.832 Lira

Can anyone please tell me is it Law that the Buyer and Seller have to pay 3% commission to the Emlak.
as this Lady says its now Law.

i was never made aware of any Legal costs associated for the Emlak to carry out the estate agents Work.

i was not aware of any Solicitors involved but from this email it looks like this Emlak is saying for tax purposes and by Law she charges a legal fee for the transfer of the property into my name.

hope anyone out there can help as i lost trust with this Emlak and some how feel that something is not quite right with this
The emails list what the Emlak is going to do on the Day to carry out the transfer and give me the Tapu at the same time issuing me with threats to sue me.

Not very Happy
Thought Turkey was going to be a lovely Place to live in peace now i am having second thoughts.

The "going rate" has always been 3%, even though some agents try to charge more. I have even known some who try for 10%. I have no idea if its actual law but 3% buyer & 3% seller is common practice. Some agents even try it on, saying "the other person will not pay so you will have to pay 6%", that is b*llox. The Emlak will have to pay tax if its all being done above board just like they do in the UK. The fact that the seller did not pay is their problem not yours. Worth noting, there is a Turkish agent (women) operating in Akbuk who is a member on this forum, she is held in quite high regard, surely its not her? Not that I expect you to name them on an open forum. YET.

Last edited:

AkbuikPhil

i was told i had to pay the Sellers tax also which is what i had to do.

i know the usual commission fee is 3% plus

but this cannot be Law as this Emlak claims ?.

Spurs

Spurs
i was told i had to pay the Sellers tax also which is what i had to do.

i know the usual commission fee is 3% plus

but this cannot be Law as this Emlak claims ?.

THATS WRONG !!!! Of course the usual cr@p, was the seller Turkish by any chance????
Get your Tapu, then tell the story & name the person. Many agents now take a contract out solely with a Turkish seller to make sure they get paid by them.

Last edited:

bickern

Are you happy paying the 3% the Emlak is saying you owe as your side of the transaction, or are you not wanting to pay anything?

Spurs

Spurs
Are you happy paying the 3% the Emlak is saying you owe as your side of the transaction, or are you not wanting to pay anything?

I never looked at it like that................interesting Q.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
You have to pay the 3% Emlak due by you . Not the seller's

What sometimes happens when you are making pazarlik (bargaining) the buyer normally can ask the seller to pay his 3% in with the bargain but I never heard it the other way . Must be because you are a Yabanci and trying it on . Stand firm .

AkbuikPhil

The Emlak has been fully paid all that she asked for in full, i have the receipts
The Emlak in her previous email stated she wanted 1% commission and then a few days later i think it was then, she sent another email and wanted 3%

i also had to pay both the Sellers Tax and my own Tax. so not very happy at all i could not speak with the Emlak because she threatened to Sue me, claiming for Slandering her name.
so i could no longer ask any questions.
Her translator also charged me 120TL when the Emlak stated her translator charges are 80TL
the translation lasted no longer than 30 seconds for this work only to read out the Address in English
Which was a complete Joke as it was not necessary to translate an address
the whole process was appalling, and the Service even worse.

The Emlak is Turkish she was there and seems Pointless to employ a Translator to do the address translation. something wrong with this Emlak as nothing was explained because of her attitude towards me, was all wrong when all i wanted was questions answered, but she would not answer questions claiming she told me many times.

i should have brought someone with me.

bickern

The Emlak has been fully paid all that she asked for in full, i have the receipts

The Emlak in her previous email stated she wanted 1% commission and then a few days later i think it was then, she sent another email and wanted 3%

Did what she asked for in full include your contribution of 3% buyers commision?

I am mystified as to her wanting only 1%, the 3% ıs correct for your half of the commission.

If you have paid the 3% then you are clear. If you have paid the other parties tax then you will probably have to put it down to experience.

Last edited:

Spurs

Spurs

i also had to pay both the Sellers Tax and my own Tax. so not very happy at all i could not speak with the Emlak because she threatened to Sue me, claiming for Slandering her name.
so i could no longer ask any questions.
Her translator also charged me 120TL when the Emlak stated her translator charges are 80TL
the translation lasted no longer than 30 seconds for this work only to read out the Address in English
Which was a complete Joke as it was not necessary to translate an address
the whole process was appalling, and the Service even worse.

The Emlak is Turkish she was there and seems Pointless to employ a Translator to do the address translation. something wrong with this Emlak as nothing was explained because of her attitude towards me, was all wrong when all i wanted was questions answered, but she would not answer questions claiming she told me many times.

i should have brought someone with me.

A note about the translator. Unless she is a registered translator then no matter how good her English was, should could not be used in the Tapu Office.

I did ask if the seller was Turkish? Firstly if it was a Turk they always try cost cutting but as I said, its the Emlaks problem not yours. Secondly, if the seller was English it would be quite easy to contact them to see if they did pay. Thirdly, trust me on this, SLANDER in Turkey seems to be far more important than criminal matters i.e. THEFT & FRAUD. I am not relating to people on here but its a serious issue between Turk on Turk, so as a foreigner it could be worse.

IF you have your full Tapu & habitation certificate be grateful, that's not saying "forget it" but some people never even got that. Learn from it, as in everything in Turkey, you only get one go at it, too late after the event they just don't do "cash backs".

Chinook

IF you have your full Tapu & habitation certificate be grateful, that's not saying "forget it" but some people never even got that. Learn from it, as in everything in Turkey, you only get one go at it, too late after the event they just don't do "cash backs".

Agree with that and sympathise but the lesson is learn what the details of the system are and how it normally operates before entering into it.

trevoro

Agree with that and sympathise but the lesson is learn what the details of the system are and how it normally operates before entering into it.

I don't believe OP has Tapu yet according to last para in opening post ie what will happen on the day to get Tapu

Seems to me to be caught between rock and the hard place will have to pay OPs 3%(buyers) AND sellers 3% to get Tapu plus any minor costs. Not good but cheaper than not getting Tapu/and property

Spurs

Spurs

Its hard to learn a system when there is seemingly no conformity. What worked today could cost somebody thousands of coins of the realm tomorrow & that to me is the problem.

Last edited:

Chinook

Its hard to learn a system when there is seemingly no conformity. What worked today could cost somebody thousands of coins of the realm tomorrow & that to me is the problem.

Yes Spurs but there are fundementals which do not change and sellers and buyers tax is one of them .

Spurs

Spurs
Yes Spurs but there are fundementals which do not change and sellers and buyers tax is one of them .

Fundamental or not, its not the first time I have heard of this. The "clever" part in Turkey is they hit you with it at the crucial time of the sale, the closure. I would be weary of any agent who was holding a POA on behalf of the seller, I know in some cases its a necessity. The problem in that situation firstly is that, its simplicity in itself to "jack the price up". The second problem is what the OP has just experienced, pay me 6% or no Tapu. Followed swiftly with a "I will take you to court", which as we all know is not really advisable.

15 years back in Akbuk land was dirt cheap & the owners lived all over Turkey. Cash was swilling everywhere in Akbuk. Agents were putting their homes in hock to get money for plots that the Brits liked, they would buy that land in one day for 15 to 20,000TL & flog it to a Brit the next day for £30K OR not even buy it, just have a POA. Once Akbuk started blooming Turks near & far started to realise what these plots were worth, thereon in reluctant to give POAs. On saying that, Brits were still netted.........the whole of the deal was done in Turkish, nudge, wink they don't understand us. Its common practice with Turks (& now Brits) I want that & I am not bothered what you make on it..............pure greed sets in.

Akbuk

Phil is my husband brother live in our house for 18 moths free (no rent , bills food)
we done few buy and sell during this time
he made the profit
this property bought on the same intention
when he fell out his brother and moved out from our house
he stared telling people he has no deeds

it was never ever issue

I have email him the cost
he didn't want to understand
told him the Google the processes
Property was on the market for 65,000 pound
seller reduced the 45,000 pound
he only paid 38,000 pound
this can go on
told him if he keep slandering our name I will sue him
this is not threat
now I have

bickern

So:

AkbuikPhil = Buyer
Akbuk = Emlak
????? = Seller

The property was on the market for £65,000
The seller reduced to £45,000
The buyer only paid £38,000
The emlak wants 4.832 TL

Was the property totally overvalued?
Did the seller reduce the price on condition all the fees were paid?

Something is missing here?

Last edited:

Akbuk

Maurice he paid 65,000 pound +(not bought from us )
he wants to quick sale
he had problem in UK
we told Phil the buy it

Did the seller reduce the price on condition all the fees were paid?

YES thank you Norman

Latest Posts

Top Bottom