Saoirse

Electricity prices
A down side of telling ex Pat's here about wonderful Turkey is I then get asked a lot about current prices for food electricity etc of which I am totally out of touch

I appreciate this varies a lot but for say a 3 bedroom normal house set up what are monthly running costs for electric thesedays

Leo

Electricity prices
A down side of telling ex Pat's here about wonderful Turkey is I then get asked a lot about current prices for food electricity etc of which I am totally out of touch

I appreciate this varies a lot but for say a 3 bedroom normal house set up what are monthly running costs for electric thesedays

Large 3 bedroom, 3 floor villa. We are currently paying about 420tl per month.

It has gone up quite a bit over the last year, but we have counterbalanced running costs with fitting solar water heating - both for house and latterly for pool & jacuzzi, and by installing inverter AC units which are so much more cost efficient.

For an idea of other regular/utility costs:-

Gas (bottle) about 90tl a year

Water about 40tl per month

Council tax 200 TL per year

Electricity prices
Our's is 3 bedrooms with no pool, though as you know we have only just moved, but our electric bill for Nov was 90 TL and water 25 TL, and for Dec our electric was 164 TL running a rather inefficient aircon unit and water was 20 TL. Hope this helps. xx

Electricity prices

I expect you already know, hence your post, that Spain has the mos expensive electricity in Europe.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Electricity prices
The best way to compare is by cost per unit, what you consume is your individual choice.
We here IOM, pay 19.5p per unit [ kWHr ]

The most expensive I have heard of is Sark which has been ordered to reduce it's unit cost to 52p kWHr,

Mainland UK is around 14p per unit.

Saoirse

Electricity prices
The best way to compare is by cost per unit, what you consume is your individual choice.
We here IOM, pay 19.5p per unit [ kWHr ]

The most expensive I have heard of is Sark which has been ordered to reduce it's unit cost to 52p kWHr,

Mainland UK is around 14p per unit.

Unit price is 15p-It's the standing charge in Spain which is the killer- currently around €35 a month before you switch anything on

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Electricity prices
All of the electricity generated for Sark is done by diesel generators , imported by boat from the mainland , the most expensive of the main stream methods .

Sad for them , but a fact of life .

Steve

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Electricity prices
Currently individual EU members states regulate their own energy supply costs. There has been recent discussions for "across the board" pricing ie dropping members states regulating & letting Brussels take over, it was rejected for fear of private companies hitting the poorest citizens.............as they do !! The Commissions stance related to, environment/global warming, the member states involved were having none of it, they related it to big business fleecing everyone.

Saoirse

Electricity prices
Cheers Spana-appreciate it

Was aware of that site but have oft found it not really in sync with actual prices on the ground

Electricity prices
Unit price is 15p-It's the standing charge in Spain which is the killer- currently around €35 a month before you switch anything on

Yes, the standing charge put us off a bit, along with the compulsory health insurance we had to have for our residency. I suppose if we had totally fallen in love with Spain, then we would have bitten the bullet regardless of cost and got on with it. I think we ought to start a poll about what year you and Mrs Phillip will return to Turkey :95im: xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom