Electricity and Water Connection Charge
Hi

We have been asked by the developer to pay the electricity and water connection charge of £605. Is this the normal price? It seems a little high.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sunseekers

carolk

R.I.P
It seems high to me. Mine was 850ytl for both about 18 moths ago.

Hi Sunseekers we paid £200 back in 2006 so seems a little high but not sure on the increases. David

biggles

biggles
ask tedas . i have the number but you will need to be able to speak turkish .

bobthenob

Non Active Member
This builder as usual is taking advantage of the situation.Tell him,no way am l going to pay that and l'll be looking into it.What you can do is,get a written statement from him,in confessing to these over inflated charges where he signs for it,and then ask others on the complex to do the same,if he refuses,then l will not pay until this is signed.Play at his own game.Go to the Altinkum advice center also,,,similar to CAB,and see what they advise you on to do,at least you will have the proof,if he denies the charges.
l despise these people that take advantage of people's ignorance.lt's these type that give Turkey a bad press
Here is a link to another thread on the charges.
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/electricity/7991-water-electricity-connection-charges.html

gren

I'm with bobthenob.
My new stance is "don't pay" for any service or job except what you've agreed to (written down and signed)
And demand an invoice and definetly get a 'fiş' (receipt) because that has to be stamped and tax paid so i would imagine has to be genuine.

Hi

Thank you for the information and suggestions on our how to handle the situation.

Is there anybody out there who can confirm what they have paid for the electricity and water connection within the last 6 months within the Akbuk/Altinkum area. This way I can compare like for like. I am assuming that you would have paid this to the developer and not directly to Tedas because on new builds utilities cannot go into our name until there is Habitation License.

Thanks again for your help.

Sunseekers

carolk

R.I.P
sunseekers said:
Hi

Thank you for the information and suggestions on our how to handle the situation.

Is there anybody out there who can confirm what they have paid for the electricity and water connection within the last 6 months within the Akbuk/Altinkum area. This way I can compare like for like. I am assuming that you would have paid this to the developer and not directly to Tedas because on new builds utilities cannot go into our name until there is Habitation License.

Sunseekers

Hi Sunseekers

I know it was not in the last 6 months but the builder took me to both places where I paid directly to them and, it was a new build and I didnt have hab cert at the time nor Tapu. I got them both about 3 months later.

mike dj

Had better introduce myself first my name is Mike my wife is Gill we live in Altikum ,have lived here for 15 months . Have just registered an outside tap direct with Belediye tap was fitted by plumber 30 ytl bought meter myself 45ytl went to office on friday morning they checked it friday afternoon cost 445ytl this will give us cheap rate water for garden only ,no swimming pool .

biggles

biggles
sunseekers said:
Hi

Sunseekers
i went into tedas bodrum and found out you can now have the utilities in your own name despite having no hab cert .

gren

biggles said:
i went into tedas bodrum and found out you can now have the utilities in your own name despite having no hab cert .

Thats just what i thought...pigs are alive and well and flying regularly within Turkish borders..
---------------
Just as an aside, forgive me if i'm being stupid, but would Tedas supply 1 house
(on a koop-currently on builders electric) with mains electric or would they only supply the whole whole complex at the same time ?

I'm just thinking - if they do supply without Hab cert AND would do a '1-off' then I wouldn't need to wait for the whole koop to get Iskan? (apart from any transformer upgrade)

Last edited:

biggles

biggles
they toild me the management co managing your complex[if on one ] have to apply for you .while i was there a english couiple came in with a young english speaking turkish guy who lives on their complex and he was sorting it for them .he told m,e if anyone else wanted help he would go with them for a small charge to sort it for them . i have his name and mobile num and he is in the bodrum area . spoke perfect english and a nice helpful guy . i was lucky as he turned up while i was there getting no where with the language ,and the place was packed with turks sorting their elec problems . he had to pay 600 ytl to get connected ,but the english couple were paying something like 280 ytl .i asked why and he said he had a fairly big house while they had a apartment .

Last edited:

gren

biggles said:
they toild me the management co managing your complex[if on one ] have to apply for you .while i was there a english couiple came in with a young english speaking turkish guy who lives on their complex and he was sorting it for them .he told m,e if anyone else wanted help he would go with them for a small charge to sort it for them . i have his name and mobile num and he is in the bodrum area . spoke perfect english and a nice helpful guy . i was lucky as he turned up while i was there getting no where with the language ,and the place was packed with turks sorting their elec problems . he had to pay 600 ytl to get connected ,but the english couple were paying something like 280 ytl .i asked why and he said he had a fairly big house while they had a apartment.

Thanks biggles!
But you say that the complex management have to apply for Tedas connection - but then you go on to say this guy was doing it for them??

??

Would you PM me his details ?

biggles

biggles
gren said:
Thanks biggles!
But you say that the complex management have to apply for Tedas connection - but then you go on to say this guy was doing it for them??

??

Would you PM me his details ?
i think he was something to do with the complex management . i will pm you his name and number .

mike dj

Just an update on cheap garden water, registration was 145ytl not 450 ytl payed today .

gren

mike dj said:
Had better introduce myself first my name is Mike my wife is Gill we live in Altikum ,have lived here for 15 months . Have just registered an outside tap direct with Belediye tap was fitted by plumber 30 ytl bought meter myself 45ytl went to office on friday morning they checked it friday afternoon cost 445ytl this will give us cheap rate water for garden only ,no swimming pool .

mike dj said:
Just an update on cheap garden water, registration was 145ytl not 450 ytl payed today .
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi mike dj, can you explain what you mean ??

Do i understand right that you now have a SEPARATE metered supply to your garden that cost you 30+45+145ytl = 220ytl??

But WHY is it cheap rate? Water is water right??!

mike dj

Cheap rate for garden use only ,if you have a large garden with lots of grass area or pool no cheap water ,only for small gardens or gardens with gravel or paved area . We live in a block of 8 aparts small garden with gravel and shrubs etc in pots or directly in soil . I read about it on other forum in Altinkum so gave it a go , all sorted yesterday new tag for outside tap and on garden water charge .
Take care Mike .

mike dj

Just thought forum was AbsolutlyAltinkum just search cheap water
Mike DJ

gren

mike dj said:
Just thought forum was AbsolutlyAltinkum just search cheap water
Mike DJ

Thanks Mike.
But there is absolutely NOTHING on this topic on that forum. I've been looking for 1/2 hour...
Are you sure? If so, can you provide a link to the post?

mike dj

Gren you did not look hard enough was put on forum as cheap water by Leyaasena on 07.09 .08 . Search cheap water. match exact phrase. all forums .entire message
since 120 days .all members . Its there and it works half price water for garden
Good luck MikeDJ.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom