can1

Electricals in hand luggage
Hi all,I am planning to take a glass lamp back to the UK,I wonder is it possible to take it as hand luggage ? I wasn't sure if all electrical items had to go in the hold,thank you.

oldfogy

Just passing through
My concern there would be because the item is glass, so could/would ban it because it could be broken into shards and used as a weapon?

Electrical items are not restricted just to hold luggage, 'providing it can be shown working if asked' but that usually only applies to computers and phones, 'because the main reason is they could be the trigger point to explosives.

SHARPs such as knives and saws, chisels etc are restricted to hold luggage.

can1

hi thank you both for your quick replies,dont know where to put now lol.

oldfogy

Just passing through
No problem, and no problem with glass either, that's what most duty free is sold in.

Martin
Yes you probably have a point there, although my last few duty free purchases have all been in plastic bottles, but you are right, a lot of glass bottles are sold in duty free, so maybe just run the risk and carry it in your hand luggage.

Marggie

I have brought numerous vases and breakable items in my hand luggage without a problem. Having seen the way luggage is thrown around, I would feel happier with it in my hand luggage.

pipermam

Have also brought glass shades in my hand luggage with no problem. I wouldn't risk them in the hold

Duke

Surely all you need do is remove the glass shade & put main frame in the hold luggage ?? That way your lamp arrives safely your hand luggage is lighter ( more room for goodies ) lol lol .. Problem solved !!
Duke

can1

Thanks duke,why didn't I think of that,senior moment.....lol,problem solved.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom