GarryP

Electrical Plugs - Changing 3 pin to 2 pin and vice versa
My question is ... Are UK 3 pins plugs and Turkish/continental 2 pin plugs interchangeable so that I don't need to use a conveter plug..

For example, we have a present from Turkey (Large Pizza Grill) which is connected with a 2 pin plug. Can I easily fit a 3 pin plug instead for use in England.

I also have some items (eg Kettle,toaster) from England that are fitted with a 3 pin plug. Can I easily change this to a 2 pin plug for use in Turkey.

Thanks

GarryP

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Re: Electical Plugs - Changing 3 pin to 2 pin and vice versa

You can change the plugs as needed, just make sure you connect the earth lead, you can buy the two pin plugs for about 1YTL, I changed quite a few of the plugs last time I was there.

The 2 pin plugs I used had an earth connector too, so it was no problem, the only difference is that they don't have fused plugs like we do here.

GarryP

Has anyone else tried changing UK and Turkish/continental plugs before?

lorraine

Non Active Member

My husband changed my UK hairdryer to a Turkish 2 pin plug, that was nearly 2 years ago and my hair is still not curly:lol:

One of our security lights is the same make and wiring as the UK and he has wired that also, but there is no way he is getting his hands on my laptop!

mia

We changed plugs on quite a few things we took over,no problems so far.

gerald

Having moved around a bit, on of the tricks I do is to use a UK 4 soket extension lead and change the plug on that to the local one. Then I can just plug in the UK appliance with ease, handy if you need to move the item between countries. Also has the benifit of fusing the appliances which most countries, other than UK, dont do.

lorraine

Non Active Member
Thanks Gerald for this handy tip, just wish that I heard this one before moving out here.

:)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom