archied

Electric & Water charges
does anybody else on other complexes have to pay water and electric charges direct to the builder? just been told that from now on we have to pay 40 pounds sterling per week for water and electric when we stay in our apartments, told meters cannot be fitted till tapu given to us which is now turning into a real saga, i get the feeling we are being milked and should look at goingdowna legal route, am i over reacting or is 40 pound per week about right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete&Mag

Electric & Water charges
Re: electric water charges

It sounds to me like you are being 'Screwed'. If you got your own generator and used container water ,you wouldnt pay that much.

Electric & Water charges

Hi, We are on Ufuk Hillside in Akbuk. We haven't all got our Tapus yet....more haven't that have......but we have all been fitted with both water and electric meters. We pay the builder for the pleasure of these via prepay meter cards. I am sure it is nowhere near £40 a week though. The electric is a bit steep I must admit but I would be really surprised if it was that expensive.

carolk

R.I.P
Electric & Water charges

Meters can be fitted without having a tapu but you will pay builders rates which cost more than the domestic tariff.

thingthong

Electric & Water charges

Buiders electric is double what everyone else pays,if people leave their a/c on 24 hours a day 7 days a week during the summer,40 would be about right.2 turkish lira per cubic metre of water is what we pay.

Last edited:

archied

Electric & Water charges

anybody know council tax rates, builder wants us to give him 35 pounds for this on top of maint charges and 40 pound per week for electric and water,, even though we dont have tapus yet or any sign of them, i know its not a large sum but im wondering if we are financing him to keep hold of tapus as opposed to wanting to get them off his hands for tax reasons

Electric & Water charges

i thought if you haven't your tapu you do not pay "council tax" or whatever it gets called here

Electric & Water charges

we pay for electric and water for shared gardens we only pay 13 lire a month and have done for a few years.

archied

Electric & Water charges

40 pounds i apartment usage, communal electric and water supposed to be in the maint charge 450 a year, agean hieghts 1, as for tapus, latest is that a land issue holding up complex being passed and easement to seperate tapus for each apartment being done is promised to be resolved around 15 th nov at which point military checks for buyers can be applied for but im not holding my breath on this one

mike dj

Electric & Water charges

Surely Mititary check is first thing on list not last .Mike

archied

Electric & Water charges

well the story so far is that the complex is still listed as plots of land as apartments have not been passed and registered as seperate properties because there is supposed to be some issue regardind having to purchase an adjacent plot of land that borders complex,, been given three seperate reasons for this over a period of time,, first that the bordering plot had been annexed???? second that one of the blocks had spilt onto this land when built,,,, third that builder had overbuilt percentage wise for the plots complex built on so needs to buy this land to make percentages ok,, so in effect apartments are not registered as single properties and wont be till this land issue is sorted so military checks cant start until this is all sorted?????? all i can say is im not best pleased with this carry on and have learnt that i would only ever buy a resale with all paperwork in place and monies held in eskrew till military checks complete and deeds ready to transfer

dellboy

Electric & Water charges

I think you are right we are been milked. I have read and other people have told me that you do not have to have a tappu to fit meters. The developer is not honouring the contracts and is having it all his way. I think we should all get together and do common things collectively.

Maisie

Electric & Water charges
But how do you do it? We went to the Belediye and asked for meters to be fitted. First thing asked was for sight of Tapu. When we said we didn't have it, they said quite categorically they could not fit meters. We then asked that, if we fitted the meters, would they bill us individually for the consumption. Again, quite firmly no. I would be interested to know how anyone can get round this. Maisie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom