IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Electric Scooters
choose vehicles, then show all, then electric vehicles, then electric motorcycles. around 2200TL new

kemerkid

Bystander
Electric Scooters
We have a high profile member on here who could tell you all you need to know about electric scooters...... if we could only find him!!!

akbukowl

Electric Scooters
I can throw some light on these vehicles,the main issue is the batteries,they require a deep cycled SLA battery which is charged very slowly and releases its energy slowly,the main issue for people considering this type of product is the charging regime needed to keep the cell healthy they CANNOT be allowed to go flat they charge between 8 and 13 volts if the battery goes flat below 8 volts the charger will not pick it up ,eventually the batteries become useless,so unless you are able to care for the scooter year round I would forget about it.As for performance ok on flat surfaces but struggle on hills,but it's the batteries you should be concerned about because they are expensive,you cannot use a car or motor cycle battery as an alternative ,there should be 3 batteries running a 36 volt system

Scone1

Electric Scooters
i am only over 5 weeks a year so it might not be a good idea to buy as you say the problem is the battery . How much are replacement batteries

tosmur

Electric Scooters
is this battery problem the same for all electric scooters or just ones in Turkey?

akbukowl

Electric Scooters
They are the same batteries as wheelchairs and mobility scooters ,some unscrupulous dealers put standby batteries on but that's just a con ,they won't last long and are meant for emergency lighting etc,there is NO saving in buying cheap batteries as the saying goes you get what you pay for this applies especially to batteries

Sha Hoorsur

Electric Scooters
With electric scooters and such, it all depends what kind of terrain they will be used on. If it’s somewhere flat they are pretty good. But on more hilly areas, let’s say Uzumlu for instance. They might not be quite so useful.

Scone1

Electric Scooters
I have an aprtment in Akbuk . was just going to get a scooter for going down the village and market

Akbuk Rob

Electric Scooters
Take a close look at what is left of the roads and streets now. I use a motor scooter here and believe me Akbuk is no place for two wheel transport now.

The pedestrian road along the sea front is the only salvation.

hijo

in my own clique
Electric Scooters
....... These are the regulations related to the electric bikes in turkey
All electric bikes over 0.25Kw and/or with a higher maximum speed of 25 kmph must be registered with the Polis
To ride a bike over 0.25 Kw you must hold a Motorbike Driving Licence (Cat. A1)
The bike must be insured
You must wear a helmet
Basically its treated as a 50cc petrol engined scooter, so be careful when shopping for an electric bike and know the laws.
The fine for not wearing a helmet is around 80TL and the fine for riding without an appropriate licence is around 1,400TL ......

ted j

Electric Scooters
I have a 3 wheeler, 2 seperate seats electric scooter, although the engine is as powerful as one of the very fast 2 wheelers, it is governed down because of stability on 2 rear wheels
It is supposed to do 33 KPH, but even with just me on , the top speed is actually 20KPH .... It climbs steep hills easily (it'll still actually do the 20KPH uphill)....It's been great for getting around on for us , we get on average, 3 days from a charge which takes around 8-10 hours

I asked 3 local people in the know if I had to register it and was told the same thing by all 3.....although what Hijo has posted is the OFFICIAL ruling, in Didim, it has not filtered down yet, so nobody I know has had to register a bike the same as mine ,as the police don't know what you are talking about if you ask them ....I have a bike licence , so that too is not a problem

I was going to get a normal 2 wheel bike, but after trying it out, found that when Kath was getting on the back, my still weak leg was taking the strain and there was no way I wanted to chance damaging it again, anyway the advantage is, with them thinking it's an invalid jobby , we can park almost anywhere , even right outside the police station at the Saturday market, or on the front and the few times they have looked over, as soon as I get off and walk with a slight limp (still), they don't bother me

This is it with some friends of ours trying it out

2mmtvz6.jpg

Last edited:

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Electric Scooters
Them scooters are or becoming to be illegal in Turkey the 2 wheeled ones people are getting fined, there nothing but a pest on or off roads

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom