Electric Scooter Regs
Need an electric scooter and fancied the Kral KR-25 Ava 5000L. I was aware of laws being passed in 2014 which govern whether you need a licence, licence plate, and insurance etc. This scooter has a supposed speed of 55 kph. Can anyone tell me of the above requirements OR is there a better scooter option that you use or know of. Interestingly, when the shop owner realised I wasn't as naive as I looked, and when I questioned the need for a number plate etc his response was
" No problem as no traffic police enforcing this. Also if you need quick number plate go to notary - 150 TL and it will be arranged.
I have lived in the UK too long-term I am maybe too used to the law !

suzyq

Electric Scooter Regs
Any moped/scooter with an output of under 250W & is capped with a maximum speed of 25kph or less does not need registering,insurance etc. & no Residence Permit or driving licence is required . #
The Official Notice……” With the amendment of Article 3 titled Definitions of Road Traffic Law No. 2918, (2918 sayılı karayolları Trafik Kanunu’nun Tanımlar başlıklı 3. Maddesi’nde) electric bikes with power over 250W were accepted as motor bikes. Accordingly, electric bikes larger than 250W must be registered.,have Trafic Sigorta [3rd party insurance] . Therefore to register & insure it a Residence Permit will be required.
DRIVING LICENCE CLASSES REQUIRED..
Up to 250 Watts…….no licence or registration required.
250 Watts -to- 4K.Watts …Class ‘M Licence.[Car]
4 K.Watts+ …Class A Licence.[M/cycle]
Trikes which are popular with many are all around 800W output & top speed of 30kmph +,meaning they must be registered..

https://docmartinssurgeryforexpatsi...rsbuying-a-vehicletuvmot-electric-scoots-etc/

Electric Scooter Regs
Any moped/scooter with an output of under 250W & is capped with a maximum speed of 25kph or less does not need registering,insurance etc. & no Residence Permit or driving licence is required . #
The Official Notice……” With the amendment of Article 3 titled Definitions of Road Traffic Law No. 2918, (2918 sayılı karayolları Trafik Kanunu’nun Tanımlar başlıklı 3. Maddesi’nde) electric bikes with power over 250W were accepted as motor bikes. Accordingly, electric bikes larger than 250W must be registered.,have Trafic Sigorta [3rd party insurance] . Therefore to register & insure it a Residence Permit will be required.
DRIVING LICENCE CLASSES REQUIRED..
Up to 250 Watts…….no licence or registration required.
250 Watts -to- 4K.Watts …Class ‘M Licence.[Car]
4 K.Watts+ …Class A Licence.[M/cycle]
Trikes which are popular with many are all around 800W output & top speed of 30kmph +,meaning they must be registered..

Thanks for this. Don't have an RP, don't want one and I have a pretty steep gradient of 1mile to my apartment from the town. So definitely need more than 250w. Thanks for the info - seems like I will have to settle for the car lol.

ted j

Electric Scooter Regs
I have a trike 2 seater but the maximum speed regardless of the specs is 23 kph

gally

Electric Scooter Regs
I have a Arora 249W pedal assisted scooter. Took the pedals off as they keep getting in the way but looks much like any other moped.
Been 2 up plus beach bag and small dog in a basket on the back and will do in excess of 50Km distance at 49kph with hills no problem, all 3 of us.
No licence/sigorta/tax/residency issues. Best purchase I've made out here.

enoch

Electric Scooter Regs
My friend went to the police station and was told if your electric bike goes over 25 klm .you will need a licence and number plate. I have noticed in alanya a lot of the electric bikes have gone off the roads .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom