scottmack

Electric charges
Can anyone who lives in a 2 bed apartment or owns similar give me an idea of monthly electric costs?? I have been hit with a ridiculous bill for electric used and not paid by the developer and who are now going to sort out our meters etc when we have paid this bill!!!!! We have not received our Habitation and as I understand it once that is received we can sort out our own electric with the local authority. It seems just another way of getting money for nothing.

Please help withy any info.

carolk

R.I.P
Electric charges
Hi Scottmack, you haven't said how much the bill is. If you don't have your Hab cert you will definitely be on builders rate which, I believe to be double. I'm afraid its another one of 'those' where they have you by the short and curlies, where, you can end up paying for elec the builder has used. It seems one of the never ending problems.

As a rough guide, without knowing the amount, I would say halve it!

butt007

Warren
Electric charges
Hello Scottmack, we have a 2 bed apartment and up untill May we were on builders electricity paying .23 or .25korush/unit, the complex does not yet have an Iskan/habitation cert nor do we.

In May all owners (40) paid to our site administrator 1,500liras for water and electric to be transferred into our own names, electric has been done, we are still in the process with the Belediye as re. water, but should be soon now.

I know 1,500tl seems a lot the electric cost 1,025tl and water I am told will be 370tl so will get 105tl back, the workmen had to re-route some cables and sort out a lot of wiring to apartments, and replace meters, and a transformer.

When we were on builders electric our bills/month averaged about 110tl/month.
Warren

traveller

Electric charges
Hi Scottmack

2 bed apart Fethiye. Dec, Jan, Feb, March average 105 TL per month. April 69TL, May 32 TL, June 36 TL, July 47TL

That was running air cons for warmth in the winter as we live here all year, and immersion heater for a few days when there was no sun. I expect August will be high trying to keep cool. All other usual appliances, fridge freezer, washer, TV, hoover etc. used all year.

Hope that helps. :28:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Electric charges
It's an immersion heater.

It's an alternative means of heating water in the tank by electricity. Similar to how a kettle heats the water, there's a coil in the tank that heats the water if no sun is available.

Summertime

Golden Girls
Electric charges
It's an immersion heater.

It's an alternative means of heating water in the tank by electricity. Similar to how a kettle heats the water, there's a coil in the tank that heats the water if no sun is available.
So does it means it only heat the water, not heating for rooms? By the way, how does a soba works, not waiting for winter.... but nice to know, because I need to buy one.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Electric charges
Yes, an immersion heater just heats the water.

A Soba is a name that covers solid fuel stoves in general. (It's the same as Hoover is used to refer to vacuum cleaners), You use wood or coal as fuel. The more pipe that there is exposed, the more heat is produced in the room. That's why you'll often see a stove / Soba in the centre of the room in Turkish homes with a long length of pipe running from it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom