enoch

Electric cars offer Turkish motorists cheaper, affordable alternative
Does anyone know if the special consumption tax is applied to both import and domestically built vehicles
or does it apply to imports only?

Turkey raises special consumption tax on electric vehicles to 10-60%​

It said that for vehicles with an engine power of up to 85 kilowatts (kW), it raised the tax to 10% from 3%, for vehicles with a power of between 85-120 kW to 25% from 7% and for vehicles with a power of over 120 kW to 60% from 15%.

I doubt it since when does turkey give anything away.

Chasey

Does anyone know if the special consumption tax is applied to both import and domestically built vehicles
or does it apply to imports only?

Turkey raises special consumption tax on electric vehicles to 10-60%​

It said that for vehicles with an engine power of up to 85 kilowatts (kW), it raised the tax to 10% from 3%, for vehicles with a power of between 85-120 kW to 25% from 7% and for vehicles with a power of over 120 kW to 60% from 15%.

Shows how committed they are to electric cars doesn't it.

Why tax power output? Power output is all about the range the car will go. They seem to treat it like engine size in fossil fuel cars.

Its all bollocks really They know they will loose tax revenue if we all switch to electric to save on purchase cost, so they up the tax to balance out against the equivalent petrol car.

esb1841

According to this only applies to imports
SCT, which stands for Special Consumption Tax, is a proportional or fixed expenditure tax on specified products and goods. Within the framework of harmonization with the European Union, it started to be implemented in 2002 with the Law No. 4760. SCT applies to any good or product that is imported or produced and delivered to the buyer. SCT is not paid every time the goods or products change hands. In this context, the first sellers and importers are the taxpayers of SCT in motor vehicles.

SCT reduction is applied to certain goods or products at certain rates by changing the tax base limits. These goods can be any consumer product. The excise duty discount also applies to vehicles. Thanks to the SCT discount on vehicles, both tax brackets and bases may change. In this way, people can buy the specified vehicles at more affordable prices.

Will be interesting to see price difference between the Togg EV SUV and the MG ZS EV luxury
143 PS44.5 kWsa 759.000 ₺

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
To answer my own question, I see that the Volvo XC40 recharge is now on sale in Turkey, about 1.2 mTL. I think I need to return a few Efes bottles

Last edited:

esb1841

the Toyota BZ4X AWD looks interesting but at £42K in the UK and currently not listed on Toyota Turkey website

Mushroom

Any UK registered car that has a retail price when new of over £40K gets an uplift of road tax (exempt in year 1 for electric) from year 2-5 and it includes electric cars, but not as much as petrol or diesels.

shash

shash
Question:
In view of the many power outages in Turkey what will be done to alleviate the problem? Anyone know.

esb1841

Question:
In view of the many power outages in Turkey what will be done to alleviate the problem? Anyone know.
Suspect nothing power outages happen worldwide less in the Uk but more often in other countries
Depending on unit cost of electricity some people will charge their EV via solar or upgrade their solar installations to include charging for EV.
Depending on the choice of EV and if it has large enough battery and is capable of bidirectional charging and has a bidirectional charger it is possible to used the battery power in your EV to maintain essential equipment in your property during a power outage

Akasya

Postless Pointer
We use solar in our motorhome , we only run 12 volt gear obviously but it amazes me just how much power it packs in to the two batteries .
Steve

shash

shash

I see today that Turkey is installing the most huge solar plants so I'm assuming they are thinking ahead.

enoch

I see today that Turkey is installing the most huge solar plants so I'm assuming they are thinking ahead.
Ya but I bet there is no reduction in electricity prices

enoch

What happens if there is a power serge does it do the same to batteries like it blows sockets off the walls and busts appliances.?

esb1841

What happens if there is a power serge does it do the same to batteries like it blows sockets off the walls and busts appliances.?
Its recommended to have surge protecting installed at home to protect both car and charger and any other equipment that might be senstive to power surges

enoch

Its recommended to have surge protecting installed at home to protect both car and charger and any other equipment that might be senstive to power surges
I know but will the Turkish fit them in an apt building.

esb1841

Unlikely as you would need a huge long cable to charge your EV if you lived on the 3rd floor of an apt block

esb1841

It seems someone has installed a charger in an apt block car park in Eskişehir with permission of the manager of the apt block but it seems the law doesn't allow the manager to give permission without by the majority of the number and land share of all the owners in the site
It appears there is objections of the other flat owners, and the new management of the apt block wants to dismantle the charging station

I have seen similar issues when lifts need to be maintained or replaced in old apt blocks as to who pays
In some cases it is written that Ground floor owners are excluded from paying for lift maintenance or replacement on the grounds they don't use the lifts problem is that other floor owners then try to get themselves excluded on the basis they are 1st floor or 2nd floor owners and can easily use stairs.
I see in Istanbul there are residential skyscrapers with 65-70 floors so should people who live on the highest floors pay more in lift maintenance fees compared to someone living on floor 1 or floor 2 since for them the lift is an essential item for living rather than a convenience for the people on the lower floors

enoch

It seems someone has installed a charger in an apt block car park in Eskişehir with permission of the manager of the apt block but it seems the law doesn't allow the manager to give permission without by the majority of the number and land share of all the owners in the site
It appears there is objections of the other flat owners, and the new management of the apt block wants to dismantle the charging station

I have seen similar issues when lifts need to be maintained or replaced in old apt blocks as to who pays
In some cases it is written that Ground floor owners are excluded from paying for lift maintenance or replacement on the grounds they don't use the lifts problem is that other floor owners then try to get themselves excluded on the basis they are 1st floor or 2nd floor owners and can easily use stairs.
I see in Istanbul there are residential skyscrapers with 65-70 floors so should people who live on the highest floors pay more in lift maintenance fees compared to someone living on floor 1 or floor 2 since for them the lift is an essential item for living rather than a convenience for the people on the lower floors
Same in the UK just read today he installed one told to take it out so now he runs a extension cable out of the window from his first floor flat.

enoch

I see in Istanbul there are residential skyscrapers with 65-70 floors so should people who live on the highest floors pay more in lift maintenance fees compared to someone living on floor 1 or floor 2 since for them the lift is an essential item for living rather than a convenience for the people on the lower floor

I have heard of some apartments in Spain that charge different maintenance for the floor and the size of the apartment. I don't think it's a stupid idea. I bought first floor for a reason there is no lift and I will not vote for one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom