Ceri

Electric Bill Payed by Direct Debit
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to pay the electric bill by direct debit from a Bank in Turkey?

I have tried to set it up before but it didn't work.

Can anybody help?

Ceri

Hi

Yes we pay our bill by DD they read meter monthly then take amount from bank, I am with ISH Bank.

Regards Madeleine

The answer is yes, I would think you will get the direct debit form from the electric company, fill it in and then take it to your bank.

Sue

steve & sue

Hi Ceri.

When we have set up a payment with Garanti bank we have just taken our bill with account number & asked for automatic payment,they filll in the form & you just sign.

Just make sure you have paid the most recent bill before you set it up.

Its normally a good idea to set up internet banking as well so you can keep a check on it.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
You just need to take a bill into your Turkish bank and they'll set up the DD for you.

Helenm150

You can also pay Digiturk, ADSL and telephone the same way - as far as I am aware, the only utility you can't pay through your bank account is water.

tomc1984

We just set our electric bill by direct debit with Garanti Bank, just took the bill in and they set it up, there is a small charge, however if you set up 2 direct debits there s no charge. They suggested we set up an automatic top up for our Turkish mobiles to make up the second bill.

traveller

You can also pay Digiturk, ADSL and telephone the same way - as far as I am aware, the only utility you can't pay through your bank account is water.

I agree with all of the above and you can pay your water bill at some banks, just ask them. We have paid ours this way over the last year or so, we bank with TEB, but I think Garanti do as well, they are part of the same group.

Helenm150

We just set our electric bill by direct debit with Garanti Bank, just took the bill in and they set it up, there is a small charge, however if you set up 2 direct debits there s no charge. They suggested we set up an automatic top up for our Turkish mobiles to make up the second bill.
Oh that's good to know - that you can get your Turkish mobile topped up this way - I didn't realise. Thanks, Helen

Latest Posts

Top Bottom