ScoobyZ

Electric Bill (ELectric switched off)
Hi I have had a couple of small Electric bills for my Holiday Home (first year of ownership) But we haven't been there since October.

First was 10.56 Lira second is 25.90 lira. Any idea if there standing charge now?

Company is AYDEM ESAŞ

I tried to email but that auto replies and directs me to their webpage where I need a Turkish Citizen ID number :/

butt007

Warren
Electric prices went up sharply last November. were we live near Alanya our electric is supplied by Akdenize and the price per unit went up from around .457kurus per unit to .597kurus it has now dropped back slightly to .56kurus per unit. so this could explain your higher electric bill? Butt007

ScoobyZ

Electric prices went up sharply last November. were we live near Alanya our electric is supplied by Akdenize and the price per unit went up from around .457kurus per unit to .597kurus it has now dropped back slightly to .56kurus per unit. so this could explain your higher electric bill? Butt007

But I haven’t been there to use any electric.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
It works out at 20kw and 40kw approximately, have you totally isolated your power ? Or could someone be using your washing machine for example ?

Martin

oldfogy

Just passing through
Did you turn off the electric at either the meter or the 'fuse/breaker box' or both before last leaving?

Otherwise if not is could be you left something turned on and something a bit more than a fridge, maybe the water heater!

And again repeating With Aydem in Didim there is NO standing charge.

Is there anyone you can contact to ask them to go round and make sure the power is turned off at the meter.

Just as a mater of interest:-
I spoke to our meter-man once to ask him to make sure he turns it off after taking a reading but apparently they do not have to turn it on as thei meter reading tool does not require the meter to be turned on.

ScoobyZ

Hi we turned everything off at the fuse box.

No one has a key and we changed the locks.

I’m out in a few weeks so will double check all the switches were off. I did read somewhere it might be a faulty meter.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Hi we turned everything off at the fuse box.

No one has a key and we changed the locks.

I’m out in a few weeks so will double check all the switches were off. I did read somewhere it might be a faulty meter.
If the meter is located in a shared meter box take a careful look at the cables to try and see if they have been tampered with, such as pin-holes on the insulation where anyone might of used a needle to pinch your electric, sometimes a needle with cable attached to it can be used by pushing it through the insulation.

Out of interest what do people pay monthly that live out there permanently. I know there are tons of variables to add in the mix. I’m thinking of leaving an alarm system and cctv turned on whilst away - don’t suspect this will break the bank?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Out of interest what do people pay monthly that live out there permanently. I know there are tons of variables to add in the mix. I’m thinking of leaving an alarm system and cctv turned on whilst away - don’t suspect this will break the bank?

I would roughly estimate an alarm and cctv system 24/7 365 would cost around 200 tl per year.
Top end.

Martin

oldfogy

Just passing through

Last winter 8th December through to 10th January with aircon heating on every day for maybe 6 or 8 hours per day my bill was 261.80TL

shash

shash
A friend of mine has a camera set up and he can view it live from the uk whenever he wants. I've seen it set up and seen live footage. It works a bit like the RING door bell camera.

oldfogy

Just passing through
I have similar here in UK but it requires internet and plugged in elec socket ,so power must be left on .

https://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-system/cameras/

I'm not saying anything against security especially as I have my own set-up's both here in the UK and also in Turkey, although the Turkish setup is only used when I'm there as that is when there is more likelihood of valuables being left around and I'm usually not far away. Oh and the safe only ever contains a house brick and a few large metal chain links for weight and noise effects.

Now then imagine the situation, you are c2,000 miles away and once more for the umpteenth time you look at your monitor and see something you do not like, 'WHAT CAN YOU DO' apart from worry and hopefully show the recording to the police when you go back over, that's of course assuming you are also recording everything and by then what can/will the police do about anything?
Obviously that's where property maintenance might come in handy to secure and sort out any damage.

I relate it similar to the electric smart meter indoor display unit of which I nicknamed 'The WORRY METER' because every-time 'or at least to start with, each time you look at it and see the current consumption of either gas or electric you wonder/worry what is turned on to be using that amount of energy and the more you look the more you worry, similar to the camera setup, the more you look the more you want to keep looking just in case something is about to happen.

But yes SOMETHING is better than nothing, even if it's only a dummy camera or dummy warning signs.
The security shutters also have battery powered Vibration detectors mounted which would go off if anyone attempts to force the shutters open

BUT the dummy scenario can be you are advertising you have valuables or the crooks go elsewhere for a easier mark where there are no cameras, sorry but it's a no-win situation, buggered if you do or robbed if you don't.

Good luck and no-doubt you will do whatever you feel comfortable with.

It happened to me I was in the UK on holiday and still had a bill got an electrician and low and behold next door wad rigged up to my meter as well so he disconnected it and reported it but next door lived in Germany and then we heard she died s d the house got sold so be careful

evo80

Mine is only set up indoors.It will only alert me by mobile and email if movement detected ,so i don't bother looking at it all the time.If it does alert me I can at least phone a neighbour. To call police ,or bang on the window.
Maybe if set up in Turkey and you have good Turkish neighbours you can call them to do same.
No good burglars ripping it off wall as recordings go to internet.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom