B

Bunny4jeff

Electric bill - can it be paid online?
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to make payment of utility bills online? The reason I ask, is because we have been rather put off arranging payment by direct debit, due to a meter reader punching in a wrong number for our latest electric meter reading, in the half dark! This gave us a bill over 500 lira for one month, instead of around 50 lira! We took photos of the correct meter readings. Our patient and helpful Turkish neighbour called the electric company. They told him the readings were now taken by a private company, so they were not responsible! We needed to go in to the office, fill in a form, etc etc. Our neighbour refused, saying it is their resposnsibility to sort out the mistake made by the reader. In the end, Aydem Elektrik said they would alter the reading on their computer. We have only a week to pay this bill, as in winter they are read monthly, and we do not intend to pay a late payment fine. Down to the Fatura office tomorrow to check the bill has been corrected!
Has this happened to anyone else since the privatisation of meter readings I wonder??... and is it something you can do, make payment online? Does the electric company have a website for this purpose?
We are in the Calis/Gunlukbasi area.
Most grateful for any answers!

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Yes you can if you have a local bank account.
Ian

B

Bunny4jeff

immac said:
Yes you can if you have a local bank account.
Ian
Thanks, Ian, yes I think thats the easiest way. Not by direct debit, but making a payment once we receive the (correct) bill. By the way, the electric company wiped the incorrect bill from the system, once they realised the mistake. Means we dont have to pay the high amount, but will get a double bill next month, when they will read it again, hopefully with a torch this time. Lol!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
It depends on your bank - but with Garanti you can set a limit for each payment on DD, so they can't empty your account with one bogus payment.
Ian

429nufc

Anyone know if I can pay my Aydem electric bill from UK using UK bank or credit card?

It's only coppers but I forgot to do it before I left and I probably won't get back before the next is due, which means cut off!

Thanks

oldfogy

Just passing through
Whilst still on the topic of electric bills can anyone tell me the current Aydem base rate only I am currently paying the builders meter at 0.758564 which is much higher than what I was paying in my previous apartment, which was roughly 0.46tl

The base rate in the Mugla region of Aydem is 0.5727. When all the taxes and additional charges are added it works out around 0.71 per unit.

oldfogy

Just passing through
The base rate in the Mugla region of Aydem is 0.5727. When all the taxes and additional charges are added it works out around 0.71 per unit.

Ok thanks then it seems to have shot up a lot since i moved in September

A year ago it was 0.3318 and for a month or two it dropped to 0.2768. However it later went to 0.3333 and in August was 0.431; September 0.4986; October 0.5141;
The last increase was in November to 0.572754.
However they announced last month that there would be a freeze on electricity prices and no increases for at least 3 months.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom