B

biskit4444

electric and water connections
does anyone know if this is right.last year i paid my developer £450 for water and electric connections as i could not be their at time,but when i went over 2 months later i was taken by them to water board to put my name on bill,but because electric board were putting new transformer in eventually,they said they would sort it,but now i,ve been told our electric is now turned off that i in person have to put my name to electric board as things have changed,or use p.o.a.but i said what have i paid the £450 for then,they replied that it was for connecting meters to property.is this right or am i being scammed.more money to pay out unless i come over myself.

ted j

Can understand that Biskit. We paid the same for both (£450). The water wasn't a problem, got it sorted in an hour, and new meter fitted that afternoon (fitting cost another 20 lira) , but because we have mine, Kath's and our daughter;s names and pics on the tapu, when we got to the electric place,(I'd gone alone, with Eric's associate) we found out that because of 3 names, we'd need 2 out of the 3 people on the tapu there to sign papers, so we had to make a dash back, to pick up my daughter . It seems to be steeped in officialdom, so it might be that . Ted. ps , did they say you had to pay any more, or is it just to get your name on the electric agreement?

Last edited:
B

biskit4444

Can understand that Biskit. We paid the same for both (£450). The water wasn't a problem, got it sorted in an hour, and new meter fitted that afternoon (fitting cost another 20 lira) , but because we have mine, Kath's and our daughter;s names and pics on the tapu, when we got to the electric place,(I'd gone alone, with Eric's associate) we found out that because of 3 names, we'd need 2 out of the 3 people on the tapu there to sign papers, so we had to make a dash back, to pick up my daughter . It seems to be steeped in officialdom, so it might be that . Ted. ps , did they say you had to pay any more, or is it just to get your name on the electric agreement?

thanks ted,no more to pay if i comeover personally,but its because of p.o.a and translation fees and apostil stamp in england,but i assumed that electric and water was all included in what they were doing,as connected and names put on bills,by the way it was £450 for both electric and water.does this all seem right then.thanks.john

ted j

Yes John. It seems right if it was for both as it should include your new water meter and new electric meter. Ted

Latest Posts

Top Bottom