arrian

R.I.P
Elderly?????????????????????
reported in the newspapers, a teenager on trial, was released when the ELDERLY witness collapsed in the dock.

the age of the elderly witness??? 48!!!!!

i don't know which to be more horrified at! and as i'm 61, if 48 is elderly, what am i, decrepit????

:17::hurt:

Janice McAndrew

Northernlass1959
Hi,

I was at my drama group last night when the teacher announced that we were going to do a really "old play" that was first produced in 1958 !!!!!!!!! I had to point out to her that I didn't think that was really that old.

Jan x

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
OMG well I am obviously getting on then, my 50th is in May and I thought I was just getting nicely mature like a good cheddar or wine then .................BAM I'm an elderly lady!!! I think I need to put my bed socks back on, get my shawl round my shoulders and have a sit down in my rocking chair to get over the shock

hijo

in my own clique
..theres a young lad working in my local on long beach..when asked him what his dad did for a living ,he told me he was a builder/plaster,but now out of work as he was too old i asked him how old he was ..43 he said.. you can imagine how i felt at 58..:31:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
It'll all down to the age of the "accuser".

When I was a teenager, anyone over 30 was regarded as old and anyone of 50+ was on their last legs.

I remember when I was 15, my grandfather was 84, and he was regarded as a walking fossil ! Now my Dad has reached 85 he's still able to look after himself, although his memory can get a bit fuddled at times.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
As the baby boomer generation ages, as pensions are devalued and decline, and state support withers, the British government are going to find a new load of pensioners about with attitude and feistyness. As living standards for these people will decline some will resort to low level crime ( shoplifting, car tax and insurance evasion etc. ) safe in the knowledge that Prison Governors refuse ageing prisoners unless it is for very long or very serious offences.

Magistrates will be told not to jail pensioners, so we will be in an age of geriatric asbos.

If you don't own your own home, and don't have a private pension just what are they gonna do if you become a low level serial offender ?

Happy days.

Steve.

Tess

Whooops, in May I will be offically Elderly!!!! Best enjoy Feb, March and April. Oh dear.

arrian

R.I.P
Can you source that story please Arrian?

C

hi, ceemac, it was in yesterdays daily mail, and it concerned the mother who killed herself and her disabled daughter after being intimidated and harassed for 10 years by neighbourhood yobs.

one of these yobs (verbally) assaulted a woman who had complained to the police, calling her various names, and also saying nasty things about the deceased.

however, it wasn't the article itself i was questioning, but the sub headline,".........elderly witness....." and her age 48.

in fact, just checked, and it's in todays' issue also.

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Thanks Arrian. What an awful story too.

I was asking because I couldn't find the word elderly in the article, which it isn't, but they have stated 'elderly woman witness' in the link blurb that takes you to the main article.

I think a few wee emails accusing them of ageism might kick them up the arse a bit!

Here's the address:

editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk

C

i hate the way the age of a person is always put in reports..even in something as inane as this...''mrs so and so aged 55 lost her cat...her 76 year old mother reported this to 34 year old Pc Jones'' ....why this fascination for a number..after all we are only a particular age for 12 months.
theres also the descriptions that go with the numbers...Haggard 6o year old or elderly looking 40 year old...frumpy middleaged 53 year old..grey haired 57 year old....30 year old unmaried mother of twins...balding overweight 38 year old...and on and on...

yet if an unknown corpse is found they can only estimate its age as anything between 20 and 33 or between 35 and 50 they can never be sure.

Well I object to being referred to on this forum as a Senior member, to me a Senior member would be someone over 70 and I'm nowhere near that.

bebs

Have you ever noticed that people who have had a very hard life look so much older than their years. I think it shows on their faces ........ Bebs

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Going by your avatar, you've had a very easy life then !

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
When you are 65 you are past it according to the youngsters but sometimes we OAP,s are more fit than them.

GnD

Agree with Shirley the news within papers or programmes are obessed with age and their origin I absolutely detest it when the news state;

X amount killed then add X amount were British.

Pointless remark and I feel undermines the death of those that aren't. My compassion is equal regardless of birthplace.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom