zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
EBAY... anyone use it? problems?
so ive been useing it for a long time now and have had no problems with it... untill today, i orderd a vintage oil lamp shade which was hard to find the correct size for my holder anyway, so it arrived today and i opened it only to discover the lamp shade shattered! i was devastated! so i write to the seller and this BAST*** writes back

"Hi there I have sent many of these shades and they have never arrived broken.The post office approved this packaging and the item was marked fragile and was very securely packed.You did not request insurance so I suggest you take up this matter with the post office.I have 100%
positve feedback.Is the problem that is does not fit you oil lamp and that it was very convenient
for it to arrive broken!!!!!!
Doug"

OMG i was so outraged by that comment! how dare he imply that i broke it as it was wrong size (which it was not, it would have been a perfect fit).... i once ordered a wrong size but accepted it as my own fault and moved on but this person accuses me of that! it is everything that i dont belive in and not somthing i would ever do! so anyway i have written to ebay about the situation... upon further inspection i noticed how poorly the glass shade was packaged, the box was almost same size as shade and should be bigger for padding, and i took all the wrap and rolled it into a ball, put it in the box and it did not even fit half the box!.... that amount should have been put in the middle not all of it! anyway im not gonna let it go!.... that W***** will give me a refund!

this picture shows the amount of wrap used.... pathetic

this is the poor shade...

Harem

I've cliqued
Sorry to hear about that Zuber - keep your calm and make an official complaint, making sure you keep all the packaging as proof that there was insufficient padding.

Received this in an email from ebay this morning:

"We announced on 16th April 2009 that the dispute resolution process on eBay would be made faster and easier for buyers and sellers. Read the announcement here.

Buyers will be able to resolve their problems on eBay through eBay Buyer Protection. We intend to make this process available to more and more buyers throughout 2009; although initially only a limited number of buyers will be able to use this process while we make sure it's working for everyone.

To reflect this change, the eBay.co.uk User Agreement will be updated.

eBay Buyer Protection

There may be instances where a seller doesn't resolve a claim and we find in favour of the buyer, in which case, under eBay Buyer Protection, eBay will pay the buyer and invoice the seller for the amount paid to the buyer by eBay. Where a seller fails to comply with the eBay Buyer Protection policy, eBay may also remove any special status associated with the seller's account (e.g. PowerSeller status), reduce or eliminate any discounts received by the seller, decrease visibility of the seller's listings in search results, place certain requirements regarding payment options offered by the seller and potential holds on payments made through PayPal and/or restrict or suspend the seller's account. "

It does go on quite a bit more, but as a regular user of ebay you might possibly have received the same email yourself.

Last edited:

Martyn

The seller offers insurance for a reason and with something like that I would be tempted to take it. If it didn't cost a lot i'm surprised he didn't send you another one and take the hit. If he has 100% positive feedback he will try to maintain that so I'm surprised at his remark. If you feel justified give him a negative but if he is a long term 100% I think he is a good seller.

PASH

My partner uses ebay all the time and is a seller. She has 100% feedback from over 16000 sales, the comments are outragious and you should complain using the new complaints procedure. The packaging for such a delicate item should have been much better, i would have requested an immediate refund and also you can dispute it if you paid through paypal. There is a sales of goods act in force in the Uk and quite obviously, this was not fit for purpose!

tomc1984

Maybe the seller knows you from this forum!!!
Just kidding, people have said the obvious things, I have had similar issues on Ebay, mind you most transactions were very good, the odd one going wrong and in most situations resolved amicably. You could go down the trading standards route, you have the same legal protection on Ebay as if you were buying in a shop.
Wouldn't care I have just thrown out a similar shade, you would have been welcome to it free of charge.

Lesley T

I used to sell things on ebay all the time (getting rid of things ready to come to Turkey!). I had 100% positive feedback and 100 stars. Someone purchased an item off me which they obviously didn't like on receipt- having bid way over what I had listed it for. They stated it was scratched etc and it went to dispute. The buyer was given the opportunity to return the item to me withinn 10 days - which they did not do. But they DID write very unpleasant feedback about me which I felt was unfair when they had been given a resolution and not used it. Now I have lost my 100%, I no longer sell on ebay. I hope the new dispute system is more helpful to genuine sellers.

Mushtaq

Administrator
I have used eBay for few years mainly as a seller and unfortunately it's not seller friendly, the dispute system is skewed far too much toward the buyer and is unfair for sellers, Zuberdust you will get your refund, the seller should have offered it in the 1st place.

I'm looking for alternatives to eBay but nothing comes close to the potential number of buyers eBay attracts, it's time for a decent alternative.

whirley

ring ebay and let them guide you this is terrible and so unfair.... as they have 100% feedback i am surprised you had a response like this, they assume you have broken it and lied to them .. disgraceful

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
I have used Ebay for years as seller and buyer and my overall experience has been it is rubbish for both lol.

I have bought loads of rubbish that looked great in the photo and sold loads of good quality stuff at a loss!!

I sold a pair of shoes and post office lost them. Buyer got his money back through Paypal protection and post office sent me 6 first class stamps. I lost 18 quid. Haven't sold since!!

As a seller I have refunded for stupid complaints when ı did not need to because the feedback facility can ruin your rep. I had bad feedback for ages due to complaining when I was mis-sold jewelry!!

Ebay is addictive but often really rubbish!!

Martyn

Never had a problem with Ebay as a buyer or seller. Been with them since 2002 I think and have a 100% rating.

hijo

in my own clique
..never had a problem with ebay.have had loads of stuff delivered to turkey.from the uk, hong kong, and america ..with ebay i would think its best to go with pay-pal..:flame:

Ceni

Ceni
I've been Ebaying as a buyer and seller for over 8 years both in the UK and Turkey. If you need any help Zuberdust, just message me and I'll take you through the process to get a full refund.

hijo

in my own clique
..well done Ceni.. a positive post ..helping members..:smile:

zuberdust

The seller offers insurance for a reason and with something like that I would be tempted to take it. If it didn't cost a lot i'm surprised he didn't send you another one and take the hit. If he has 100% positive feedback he will try to maintain that so I'm surprised at his remark. If you feel justified give him a negative but if he is a long term 100% I think he is a good seller.

it did not cost much and i think your right! i looked at his listing he has more small scale things, such as tins, and vintage stuff and like 3 lamps! he made a mistake paking one poorly! he cant accpet that! it was the comment he made that made me mad! otherwise i would have just let it go..

My partner uses ebay all the time and is a seller. She has 100% feedback from over 16000 sales, the comments are outragious and you should complain using the new complaints procedure. The packaging for such a delicate item should have been much better, i would have requested an immediate refund and also you can dispute it if you paid through paypal. There is a sales of goods act in force in the Uk and quite obviously, this was not fit for purpose!
good idea! ill do that paypal dispute, i once didn that with an item i did not recive..

Maybe the seller knows you from this forum!!!
Just kidding, people have said the obvious things, I have had similar issues on Ebay, mind you most transactions were very good, the odd one going wrong and in most situations resolved amicably. You could go down the trading standards route, you have the same legal protection on Ebay as if you were buying in a shop.
Wouldn't care I have just thrown out a similar shade, you would have been welcome to it free of charge.

lol yes i think he/she does! hahaahah
u had a shade? why do people throw out valuable stuff???? sell it man!... next u gonna tell me u threw out duplex oil lamps!

I have used eBay for few years mainly as a seller and unfortunately it's not seller friendly, the dispute system is skewed far too much toward the buyer and is unfair for sellers, Zuberdust you will get your refund, the seller should have offered it in the 1st place.

I'm looking for alternatives to eBay but nothing comes close to the potential number of buyers eBay attracts, it's time for a decent alternative.
im surpised he didnt, instead acted like a pr*** to me.... hmmmm i think ill do the paypal dispute thing

Smiler

To be fair to the seller, if he offered insurance and you didn't take it out, thats hardly his fault is it? He also would not have 100% feedback if it was a regular occurance.

I think you should take this up with the post office.

zuberdust

To be fair to the seller, if he offered insurance and you didn't take it out, thats hardly his fault is it? He also would not have 100% feedback if it was a regular occurance.

I think you should take this up with the post office.

i was sent no message about any insurance, so how could he have offered it?

Smiler

Sorry, I must have misread, I thought you said he offered insurance, my apologies!!

zuberdust

Sorry, I must have misread, I thought you said he offered insurance, my apologies!!

thats ok! which is why it confused me about him saying he offered insurance, i dont know where he did!:mad:

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
try looking at the postal charges section insurance is usually offered there

Latest Posts

Top Bottom