Orinoco

Eating and watering holes
Roughly how many Restaurants/Bars are there in Akbuk[?]
We all know about The Ipek Yolu,but if I am to embark on a pub crawl of Akbuk,I need to know how many stops I will have to make:):)

Bob

Not many stops Bob. There are a 6-7 of local restaurants, 2-3 fish restaurants, a few small bars and a nice nightclub..:)

Tonya

Ex owner Calis Beach
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but can anyone tell me what Ipek Yolu means?

Ps, I know its a restaurant!

kaya

we have bar too

kaya

quote:Originally posted by Tonya

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but can anyone tell me what Ipek Yolu means?

Ps, I know its a restaurant!

Marc

Orinoco,

It is impossible to really do a pub crawl in Akbuk as apart from one bar/nightclub (Jokers) there is no real bars, they all tend to be snack/local resteraunts and as you mentioned our place Silk Road.

If you do decide to do them as well then you will probably get about 12 bars/snack bars/local eateries/proper resteraunts in the space of about 1 mile

Remember that you will need basic turkish to order as about 8 of these wont have any english speakers serving.

For Proper drinking go to Jokers Bar
For Turkish Pide go to the Pizza Bar next to Silk Road
and of course I dont need to mention where to go for proper food:D

Navan

Non Active Mmember
Kaya

I know I met you at my party but I'm not sure which one you were..........are you the archeologist? This is where I need that feckin spellcheck thing!!

Anna

Dave.B

Couch Potato
Question? Eating and watering holes

I realise that the town is quiet through the winter. Smaller market etc. But can anybody tell me if any restaurants are open especially on 25th December.

vjvodka

Re: Question? Eating and watering holes

hell yes there is a good crowd here in winter and xmas is party time there a a few open bigbens,valentinos,tritan,balti house,dolphine bar mayflower,and all town restarants are open.its agreat time come and check it out you will enjoy all over trimmed up for crimbo and new year a good night. :pressie:

Ian

The golf pizza is opening all year now, and don't forget seal bar, rooftop, flamingo.

Mushtaq

Founding Member

I think he was asking about Akbuk,

The Ipek Yolu restaurant is suppose to be open all year round, I am not connected with it anymore, so can't say what it will be like.

Ian

I was following VJ's link.

The Jokers Club will be open and, I think, The Garden Restaurant. We've now been to quite a few restaurants in Akbuk and so far The Garden has been the best. The Darby will probably be open too.

We were there last week, it was very quiet, but we're not complaining, we spent many a happy hour on the beach! We're off again next week, for 3 weeks, I expect it'll be even quieter! Last week we noticed most of our Turkish neighbours seemed to be packing up and going back to the cities.

Christine

Marc

Hi christine,

For the benefit of the Akbuk contingency, could you list your top 3 resteraunts in akbuk and what food they served and their price point,

I myself have only eaten in 4 and for value for money would say that the pizzeria was top (£2 for pide and salad, bread water etc) followed by Ipek Yolu (once part owned by myself and Mushtaq but no longer affiliated) £15 for 3 course international meal very nice quality. The fish resteraunt just before you get to Akbuk village down the side alley of the mini markets, right on the sea (Lovely food...£15 for maincourse and salad and a beer..very expensive fish and very limited menu, fish and chips and salad thats it!!)then another eatery that i cannot remember the name of, towards the french village right next door to a "proper looking resteraunt" with lots of lights and a beach hut etc.. almost on the beach from what i can remeber..

I am also returning in 3 weeks and would love to try some of the other establishments so would be interested in your thoughts, Anna how about you arrange a get together? as your also over and your a professional at that!! maybe at Christines favorite restaraunt? or if the numbers are small, I'll volunteer to do a barbque! :36: at my place.

Anyone interested? I'll start another thread! Anna will you help?

merlin

I dont agree about the Ipek offering quality food. Missus and I stayed at their accomodation next door to the restaurant for a few days and we used the restaurant on numerous occasions. Besides breakfast being a non event, the restaurant has no turnover of customers and was basically a tea house for the locals from what I saw. Evenings, the trade was minimal and despite having a full compliment of waiting staff they couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery.

The restaurant has stacks of potential being in a great location but they are charging 5 star prices for 2 star food in my opinion.

Merv!

Merv - couldn't agree with you more about the Ipek. We went there once, never again. The food was OK but couldn't understand why they charged so much - probably to pay all the waiters they had standing about doing nothing.

I think the idea of a meet up is great. We shall be out from 24 September to 16th October, so just say when and where.

My first favourite restaurant is The Garden. All food on display in cool cabinet, all very fresh and cooked while you wait (not too long). We had 4 starters, 4 mains, 4 wines and 2 beers and the bill came to about 30 TL. The people there were really nice, the location is excellent (right on the beach) all in all a good night out.

2nd - probably the Pide as someone mentioned. Really good value for money.

3rd - the one just before the bicyle repair shop - it's all lit up like Blackpool illuminations (not that I'm comparing Akbuk to Blackpool). That had quite a varied menu, very reasonable.

4th - probably the Darby, although last time it was so busy the standard wasn't quite as good as before and, because there was entertainment, the price seemed to have gone up!! However, it was a fun night with music and dancing.

We've still a few more to go!

Christine

Latest Posts

Top Bottom