Mavideniz

Easyjet
My 90-day visa runs out on June 9th and I need to find a flight home to the UK. My closest airport is Bodrum.

Looking at the Easyjet website there seem to be plenty of flights available in the first week of June, at reasonable prices.

But are these confirmed flights? Or is just a way for Easyjet of selling some tickets for flights they hope to operate?

Can anyone offer any advice here?

Kanga

Easyjet
Mavi check my posts on the Foreign & Commonwealth thread.
I faithfully post every update from them, latest was yesterday.
Also, the Turkish government has confirmed that they will not prosecute anyone who overstays their visa due to travel restrictions.

Bon voyage!

oldfogy

Just passing through
Easyjet
Mavi check my posts on the Foreign & Commonwealth thread.
I faithfully post every update from them, latest was yesterday.
Also, the Turkish government has confirmed that they will not prosecute anyone who overstays their visa due to travel restrictions.

Bon voyage!
YES I'll second that,

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Easyjet
My 90-day visa runs out on June 9th and I need to find a flight home to the UK. My closest airport is Bodrum.

Looking at the Easyjet website there seem to be plenty of flights available in the first week of June, at reasonable prices.

But are these confirmed flights? Or is just a way for Easyjet of selling some tickets for flights they hope to operate?

Can anyone offer any advice here?

Can any carrier confirm flights one month in advance at the moment? I don’t think so myself, carriers can advertise what they like but it’s now Governments making the decisions, not the carriers. I wouldn’t purchase any tickets at the moment, there seems to be plenty of people already in a queue trying to get their monies back. They might be robbing Peter to pay Paul, make sure you don’t become a Peter.

Mavideniz

Easyjet
Thank you Kanga, Oldfogy and 35pluschips for your helpful posts.

I think I'll wait for now and hopefully the situation will become a bit clearer as we approach the date when international flights re-start.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Easyjet
I see that 14 day quarantine possibly to be introduced in UK re all flights arriving from abroad ?

I suppose for UK nationals returning it’s doable, for non residents it’s a financial disaster. I wonder where their self isolation would be served? I can imagine walking into a hotel & telling reception you need to isolate there for fourteen days.......taxi.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Easyjet
Apparently 3.1 million people flew into Heathrow last month!!!! We had to ruddy obey the lockdown and isolation where it was required, but they could come in willy nilly, disgusting. I can't help but think that the UK deaths' would have been a lot lower if this had been controlled. The UK has always been a free for all Country and this needs to stop. I would like to see relatives' of people who have lost someone, sue Johnson.

Mushroom

Easyjet
The flight situation is such that the carriers have been very happy to take your money but if you are then advised by FCO not to travel, you are not going anywhere. The carriers have previously been happy to watch and wait until sometimes less than a fortnight before cancelling the flight in the hope that the passenger blinks first and decides not to travel in the current situation. That way, no refunds as the passenger decided not to fly.
They are also disregarding rules for paying refunds and offering vouchers instead which are not great if the company goes under or they decide to cut routes and yours is the one that's affected.
I am inundated by e-mails from both Easyjet and Jet2 trying to sell me flights and holidays.
On the Jet2 web site last week I could buy a holiday in Antalya flying from Manchester in Mid June this year. My next door neighbour is a Captain with Jet2 and she is currently furloughed with no date known to resume flying, so someone is taking the Mick !!

Kanga

Easyjet
Many arrivals have been British people returning to the UK, not tourists. For example more than 150,000 were British citizen returnees from India. The F & C Office website tops the information with advice for all citizens everywhere abroad to return home as quickly as they can, and the UK isn't exactly an attractive destination for a holiday at the moment, is it. Who do we think is coming here on these flights, I haven't seen any detailed news about these people, just sensationalist reports which aren't helpful.

There was a top epidemiologist on the Today prog on Friday morning who gave some very sensible information about the advice they are giving.
He explained that now is the time to stop a fresh influx of infection because most people have now returned to UK, and with the lockdown for the past weeks the virus has far less chance of transmission, and infection rates are down. Medics are now able to control the spread and reduce any fresh outbreaks within the population. Close the country now and they should have a chance to clear up most of the infection.

We keep forgetting that this is a new disease and we haven't got a full knowledge of it yet.There seems to be more than one type of infection and depending which one you get, whether it's severe or not. There was also no initial knowledge that men were worse affected, along with the BAME community.

Also, it's no good demanding tests when we dont have reliable ones giving 100% correct results.

Just one point about care homes v hospitals; care homes are designed to be sociable, homely places where people mix all day, eat together, use gardens etc, and have large rooms for these purposes. It's not the same as a hospital where patients are kept in beds and semi-isolated, even within an open ward.

The time for recriminations should be after this is sorted out, and that's when heads should roll.

Anyway, back to topic, which for this thread is. . . . . .easyjet. . . . !

Let us know how you get home Mavideniz!

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Easyjet
They've been plenty of industries over the years that continued taking payments knowing full well, that they couldn't or was never going to provide the services that had been paid for.
If people want further proof about carriers, why are Governments refusing to bail most of them out?
Even beyond that, why even get onto a plane where you've got to wear a mask, doesn't that tell us something? Never mid the destination.

Mushroom

Easyjet
I don't think a lot of people will be bothering to fly this year at all and I'm one of them.
I keep seeing people out on the street going shopping with face masks on, why? Are they infected and are trying to restrain a cough or sneeze because if they are trying to prevent being infected unless they have airtight seals, which they don't and airtight goggles (the infection can be via the eyes), which the public don't wear, they are still vulnerable to be infected.
Would I want to sit so close to people who I don't know and certainly aren't family knowing full well that an uncaptured cough or sneeze somewhere in that tin tube, will be circulated to most if not all of the cabin.
Are we going to have to put our hands up if we need the toilet and wait to be invited to visit it after it has been disinfected every time it's been used?
They reckon due to social distancing requirements there will be queues a mile long at check in, security and border control on return.
The queues are bad enough at the best of times. Try a 2 metre distancing exercise.
Nope, it's not happening for me this year whatever Easyjet and co. are trying to sell me. All of a sudden the motorhome idea is looking good for after lockdown.
If you've ever experienced the muppets who cram as tight as possible at the carousel to retrieve a case, where will an orderly spacing put us?

Kanga

Easyjet
If you've ever experienced the muppets who cram as tight as possible at the carousel to retrieve a case, where will an orderly spacing put us?

Perhaps the plan is to put the passengers in the hold and the cases on the seats? They could 'free' 5 a time to collect their own bags. . . .

Mushroom

Easyjet
Aren't the powers that be talking about passengers needing to have a certificate to say they are not infected.
So, I go to a testing place and I am swabbed. The result takes 48 hours currently, so 72 hours later I turn up in the mile long check-in queue to go on a cramped flight with a load of random people proudly displaying my "I'm Clean" certificate when actually no-one knows if I picked up the infection in Aldi 3 hours after I was swabbed and it is now just waiting to come to light when I display symptoms which can be within a few days. I can still pass the thing on on a flight before I even know I've got it myself !
The different variables and scenarios are concerning.
It's a bit like the Criminal record check. All it confirms is that at the time of applying for it you haven't got any convictions recorded. It doesn't mean you haven't committed any offences, just that you've not been caught !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom