mollag

Kipper restorer
Easyjet news.
We are booked for Turkey Sept/Oct with Turkish Airlines out of Gatwick, our booked connecting flights are with Easyjet, cept they cancelled them today, no alternative flights or destinations either, So it is Ferry/ train/ coach for us, two extra days on the tour with overnights to ease it, what a bummer.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Easyjet news.
We are booked for Turkey Sept/Oct with Turkish Airlines out of Gatwick, our booked connecting flights are with Easyjet, cept they cancelled them today, no alternative flights or destinations either, So it is Ferry/ train/ coach for us, two extra days on the tour with overnights to ease it, what a bummer.
At least they told you well up front, not much consolation but better than being at the gate.
We fly out on Jet2 in September from Edinburgh. If it happens !

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Easyjet news.

easyJet Shareholders Approve 56-Aircraft Airbus A320neo Order​

Extract:
easyJet shareholders have voted to proceed with an earlier decision by management to buy 56 Airbus jets from the A320neo family.

Driving the purchase decision is easyJet's plan for fleet renewal and up-gauging, cost, and sustainability enhancements to the business. At list prices, the value of Wednesday's deal is around US$6.5 billion, although easyJet has said it will rely on a longstanding agreement with Airbus to extract a significant discount.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Easyjet news.
At least they told you well up front, not much consolation but better than being at the gate.
We fly out on Jet2 in September from Edinburgh. If it happens !
Just an update, I had a skeet this morn on EJ site and found there are now flights available for my cancelled dates, I was refunded for the cancelled flights so have re booked, £ 60 cheaper than before but an extra night over in Gatwick--fingers crossed 🤞

esb1841

Easyjet news.
BASKET CASES

Travel warning as airport luggage chaos could last MONTHS and bags pile up at Gatwick while £35-an-hour jobs go unfilled​

I don't believe it

mollag

Kipper restorer
Easyjet news.
BASKET CASES

Travel warning as airport luggage chaos could last MONTHS and bags pile up at Gatwick while £35-an-hour jobs go unfilled​

I don't believe it
It is always a good idea to dis-believe your lying Sun. I wonder how Sun sales are in Liverpool these days :unsure:

enoch

Easyjet news.
BASKET CASES

I don't believe it
Thanks esb.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Easyjet news.
Sheer lies , £35 an hour they would be swamped , a mate who worked at Gatwick told us that the ground baggage handlers are employed by the airlines not the airport and that they only get paid whilst on the job , whilst waiting for an aircraft to dock they are not . Rubbish piecework rates.
Steve

mollag

Kipper restorer
Easyjet news.
Just an update, I had a skeet this morn on EJ site and found there are now flights available for my cancelled dates, I was refunded for the cancelled flights so have re booked, £ 60 cheaper than before but an extra night over in Gatwick--fingers crossed 🤞
I am suffering from a new syndrome, "Cancellation paranoia", I find myself scanning the headlines looking for the dreaded flights scrapped articles, seaching the web for latest updates of flight times, so, with added transport strikes it makes a devils brew of worry :devilish:, If I had a head of hair it would be falling out in clumps, I sooo need a holiday. :rolleyes:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Easyjet news.

Spanish-based easyJet pilots to go on strike for nine days in August​

Extract:
The union representing Spanish-based pilots of low-cost airline easyJet said today its members will go on strike for nine days in August to demand better working conditions.

The SEPLA union is demanding that the airline reestablish pilots' working conditions from before the COVID-19 pandemic and provide its pilots with a new multi-year contract deal.

EasyJet's spokespeople didn't immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

The strike in three periods of 72 hours each, which will take place on 12, 13 and 14 August, 19, 20 and 21 of the same month, as well as 27, 28 and 29 “due to the refusal of the company to recover the working conditions that pilots had before the pandemic, as well as to negotiate the second collective agreement”.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom