Freda

Earth tremors in Kent
I should ask the British Consulate for advice if I was you!! The biggest one recorded over there I believe was 6 on the Richter scale - on the Dogger bank. It damaged houses along the coast....!

biggles

biggles
Earth tremors in Kent
i think it wa s4.5 onrichter scale ,some structural damage, power lines down people evacuated from some homes . we off to bodrum on 7 may , help get me outta here . biggles . kent .

Earth tremors in Kent
KayaKoyuOldBoy said:
Apparently there have been earth tremors in the Deal, Dover, Folkestone area this morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6602677.stm

Is it still safe for me to go there for my holiday ? :lol:
PMSL!!!!
Yes we had a quake of 5.2 apparently for about six seconds eminating from under the channel off Folkestone but didnt feel it in Tonbridge.
There are reports of some damage to the east of the County but the Tunnel is ok.
The British Consulate are recommending all Kent residents emigrate to Turkey
so moving to Fethiye for the summer!!
"We had bird flu in Suffolk and earthquakes in Kent so dont come here" is the latest advice from the travel companies.
Happy days!!
Quite honestly after the way our press treated Turkey last year with all the scare stories ,its rather good to have things happen in their own back yard and prove conclusively that it dont matter where you go in this world,theres always a risk from something in life!
Off to Fethiye mid May with a smile on our faces and a raised finger to the Daily Mail!!

Last edited:

Harem

I've cliqued
Earth tremors in Kent
I admit to thinking it ws a wind up until I read on the BBC news page, the interview with a friend of ours. Mind you, with a name like Paul Smye Rumsby it would seem more of a wind up!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Earth tremors in Kent
ME ???

Post a wind-up on a serious forum like this ?

What sort of bloke do you think I am ?

Les

Earth tremors in Kent
terry and susan cocks said:
PMSL!!!!
Off to Fethiye mid May with a smile on our faces and a raised finger to the Daily Mail!!
Add a couple more from me there please :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earth tremors in Kent
We moved from South London to be safe, we now live in Kennington ( not the one just past Stockwell) the one just outside Ashford in Kent, some people reported to feel the tremor here, pictures on the news of house damage,gas leaks and other damage to utility services.I was causing mayhem on the A2 resurfacing and holding the traffic up. Happy Days !!

Regards, Dave
Royal Apartments Altinkum

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Earth tremors in Kent
"Is it still safe for me to go there for my holiday ?
KKOB"

Hey KKOB, you're beginning to sound like Solo who asked if Altinkum was safe during election time :crazy:

C

Latest Posts

Top Bottom