lesleykay

e deposit or time deposit??
I opened an account with HSBC when last in Bodrum with a view to transferring some to an interest bearing account. Thought it may be simple, but when I tried to log on with the paperwork they gave me I got locked out. But I phoned HSBC from England and successfully changed my pin and hey presto I can now log in, BUT now I dont know if I need to open an E deposit account or a Time deposit, does anyone know what is what and is it straightforward??

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
An E-deposit account is an online savings accounts and generally gives better interest than a time deposit account. Time deposit accounts can be opened at a branch, but E accounts only online.
On the accounts page, click on the link at the left to open "E deposit account opening", it really is quite simple to follow.
Hope this helps
Sandra

E deposit accounts generally give better interest rates over the same time period as obviously you are doing the wwork instead of the branch staff! Akbank give an extra 1% on their e-deposit accounts so its quite a big difference.

paddye17

Quite right, e-deposit accounts give better interest.

In my experience, if you open an e-depost account online and then contact the branch to discuss the interest rate, they will generally give you a higher rate than the one advertised on-line (depending on the amount you are investing).

Last edited:

parrot

Can anyone confirm,I heard that the interest rate was now down to about 9%,could we see the same problems experienced in Spain,where people can't afford to stay because of falling returns on investments.

Can anyone confirm,I heard that the interest rate was now down to about 9%,could we see the same problems experienced in Spain,where people can't afford to stay because of falling returns on investments.
The Turkish Central Bank rate has dropped but I still got 12% on an e-deposit account yesterday with Akbank. Obviously it depends how much people rely on investments for their cost of living here as opposed to pensions etc.

Top Bottom