Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc1984

DVD's in English?
Hi Pat, you can get them at tthe CD shop near where the boat trips go from, about 3 for 20TL last time we were there. We have a some at our place and are out there tomorrow if you want to borrow just pop in, pop in anyway for a coffee and chat.

Sara-666

DVD's in English?
You can get some from Kipa etc that you can change into English on your dvd player or there is a shop on bar street in Bodrum that sells copy dvds, opposite where the old Burger King used to be if that's any good for you?

Sara

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
DVD's in English?
Hi Miss Moneypenny I have a contact who will make you any dvd you want. I had 15 last time I was over & they were perfect & I have 15 more on order for August. Just give him a title & for 5 Lira Yes 5 lira he supplies them with a proper cover & case. He will not deliver as his price is so low but he has a stall for antiques at Bitez flea market every Sunday so I just meet him there to collect them. lf you want his details pm me as I think I will get in trouble if I put his info on here. Regards James

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
DVD's in English?
Got to admit, i read it and thought... Delboy..?? not suggesting its the slightest bit dodgy... i mean, pucker pirate DVD's..personally, I think I'd rather go to a legitimate store, just my opinion.

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
DVD's in English?
Got to admit, i read it and thought... Delboy..?? not suggesting its the slightest bit dodgy... i mean, pucker pirate DVD's..personally, I think I'd rather go to a legitimate store, just my opinion.

so are you saying you have never bought a genuine Turkish fake :hehe:

DVD's in English?
Yep.! hand on heart.

Me too!!
What p's me off about this is that there are many threads on this forum detailing how people have been "ripped off" when buying property here, but some of the same people think it's OK to "rip off" other people by buying pirated music CD's and DVD's. There is no difference.

hammers

DVD's in English?
i think we all know how much a cd takes to produce so the legit cd companies have been ripping us of for years and nobody can dispute that so good luck to anyone who wants to help people who cant afford to go out and buy a regular priced cd,i will certainly use this great service,long may it last,long live the pirates!!

DVD's in English?
i think we all know how much a cd takes to produce so the legit cd companies have been ripping us of for years and nobody can dispute that so good luck to anyone who wants to help people who cant afford to go out and buy a regular priced cd,i will certainly use this great service,long may it last,long live the pirates!!

So using your irrational logic - I cannot afford to buy a Ferrari so it's OK for me to go and steal one?
You are a thief - no two ways about it - you are stealing peoples intellectual property.
And again using your logic you have no sympathy with people on here who have been ripped off when buying property over here.
It's just the same - theft is theft!
The cost of production is immaterial - if you cannot afford to buy something then you either save for it or you do without it - you certainly don't steal it.
If you are employed what if your employer came to you at month/week end and told you they couldn't pay you this month/week because everything you had made had been stolen? Don't think you would be too happy about that would you?

hammers

DVD's in English?
you obviously have a big interest in the cd business ,not much difference in the price of a ferrari is there ,oh possibly,and i cant get a ferrari in my cd player,get a life!!if your firm goes bust just start up a bootlegging business,simple eh!

Mushtaq

Founding Member
DVD's in English?
An interesting thread - is this forum condoning illegal activities?

How do you come to this conclusion that the forum is condoning illegal activities? couple of members have offered advice and information but not published any information, as far as I am concerned that's their own problem.

The forum DOES NOT condone illegal activities of ant type.

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
DVD's in English?
The information that i did publish was a link to a reputable and legal store which sells DVD's... no suggestion of anything else... Miss money Penny appeared to be happy with the info i supplied, but it seems the thread has gone off at a tangent... yet again.

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
DVD's in English?
I am sorry if I upset anyone by stating I buy copied DVDs but Turkey is full of knock off products ( for want of a better description ) & the money spent on these products goes into the local Tukish economy & not the fat cat greedy corporations who overcharge & make a fortune. I personally would rather spend my money where locals benefit as all over Turkey many people make their living & feed their families from this industry & I for one am happy to contribute to this. If the Turkish government were to ban this trade & make it illegal then thats when I would feel I was doing something I shoudn't. I love this forum & the great information that can be gleaned from it, but at times I am dismayed by some members comments like accusing me of doing something illegal which in Turkey it is not & suggesting I am a Dell boy. My feelings are if you don't like a post don't read it & certainly don't leave a derogative comment. I certainly would not character assinate somebody I did not know.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
DVD's in English?
What about the Royalties that performers are being deprived of? Not all performers are 'Fat Cats' and surely the pleasure they give by writing and/or performing their art is worthy of the recompense which you seem quite happy to deny them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom