ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Dumper truck hits footbridge in Turkey
Truck Crashes Into Bridge

A truck demolishes a bridge in Istanbul on Monday injuring two people - could have been much much worse.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=427_1264611398]LiveLeak.com - Truck Crashes Into Bridge[/ame]

C

Re: Truck Crashes Into Bridge

at 0:20, check out the poor guy on the left - he can't quite believe it ... poor sod is under debris seconds later.

dalyansteve

Re: Truck Crashes Into Bridge

Only in Turkey would the following drivers find a way through the wreckage, surely they would have been the best witnesses. I also hope the pedestrians sue the pants off the driver.

nomaderol

My guess is driver forgot to release the dumper hydraulic. Or, perhaps, there was a technical problem in dumper. Maybe, he thought he lowered it by pulling the hydraulic arm, but, he didnt realize it didnt work. No one can do such a stupied mistake. But, he is on a wide road, many drivers should have seen his over-height before he hit the bridge. Probably that one who is next to the truck who put his hands on back of his head is the driver. He is like oh, what i did do... Later, he was crossing the road to escape away from the truck probably fearing to be beaten there. Poor guy on the bridge looks just frozen. We need to do some reflex excersizes.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
It's surprising he didn't flip over before he even came close to the bridge. He was empty so that would have helped a bunch. Doning something as stupid as this is like going outside with no pants on. He simply forgot to lower it, how, I have no idea.

Bob

nomaderol

And, it is a belediye/munipilicity truck. If you hit your car to a belediye truck, it is a big problem. Now, belediye can sue the bridge. heh

giglets

Well, if you are gonna have a crash.....make it a bloody good one!
Wonder if the driver was "elderly"?

Dave

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Just to satisfy my own curiosity can some of the mods tell me why the subject heading on my thread was changed from 'Truck Crashes Into Bridge' to the present one?

C

nomaderol

Wonder if the driver was "elderly"?

the driver can be seen next to the truck, putting his hands on his head, saying like, oh, what did i do. after some seconds in video, he can be seen acrossing the road, escaping.

btw, i wonder how he didnt realize he didnt flip the dumber box down on the road. i never drove a dumper truck, but, it should make a difference in driving, forcing the engine and pushing the truck to the side especially when turning corners. He should not be given any penalty, but a medal,, of stuipidity.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I have driven dump trucks before. How he forgot is beyond me. If he had pulled out of where he dumped and there were no sharp turns or he was not at any speed in a turn he may not have noticed. If he was a new driver he may not have even known what to look for. This was a large dump body and very tall....he really should have felt something. Why nobody warned him, I don't know. I can understand that part also though,,,,,if I see someone coming towards me driving when it's dark and they don't have their lights on I turn my lights on and off to remind them...have done it hundreds of times here and NEVER have they turned their lights on. Back home it also signals that there is a police officer with a radar gun waiting up ahead.....so if my lights are on, I know it the coppers. This man should have criminal charges laid against him and be banned of ever having a commercial license ever again. They need to put a commercials drivers course together to start getting true professioanl drivers, what you see now, driving up the wrong side of the road, etc,etc....needs changing. I didn't see the driver even go to see if there was anyone injured or attempt to help.....imagine.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
pretty sure they would have some kind of warning alarm, that said I saw a similar truck do the same at a place called bathem gate near buxton, it hit an 11kv electric line, and was there a bang !

martin

nomaderol

I am almost sure he should have felt the box wasnt in place. Also, he never looked at the rear mirror? Anyway, it was a belediye/munipilicity truck. They will be laughed a lot. In some cities, there was a prize given to such drivers every month. It was called "bear of the month." (in turkish, sounds better "ayın ayısı") This one definitely deserves this.

i'm trying to come up with a conspiracy involving sattelite operated drone dumper trucks ... perhaps they were sending a warning to the guy on the bridge. i wil investigate further.

by the way, bob, is it wrong to go out without trousers? no-one says anything to me ...

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
How ingenious, they are now using dump trucks as sattelite operated terrorists weapons.

Trousers???

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom