Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
For starters, there are a lot of journalists, my daughter included, who cannot stand Piers Morgan. They do not have to like him any more than you or I do. For her part, she does not read the Daily Mail, as she sees it as being mainly 'fake news' and speculation, but The Guardian, when she has the time and inclination.
I don't defend the man, but I understand his Modus Operandi, which sadly you do not.
As for being a Muppet - if the cap fits ?
Finally, I am under the impression that you may be envious of those who can create correct spelling and grammar to create the English word as your example above demonstrates that you are clearly deficient in that department.
Please get yourself a 7 year old as your proof reader before pushing the 'submit' button. 6/10.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
Your fake superiority is delusional, aim for adequacy as a goal, you dont like my posts? scroll on there's a good fellow, life is too short debating with a nonesense like you.

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
Your fake superiority is delusional, aim for adequacy as a goal, you dont like my posts? scroll on there's a good fellow, life is too short debating with a nonesense like you.
You are improving slightly, but only because you haven't produced as much drivel this time. 8/10.
If you only aim for adequate in life, falling short makes you inadequate.
If you are attempting to have a battle of wits, I am prepared to wait until you are armed ! ;)

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
Let's put the personal aside and agree that we live in an age of 'click-bait journalism'. The sensational sells. I am increasingly annoyed when I click onto an article to realise that the headline is deliberately deceptive.
You are absolutely bang on with that one. The world of digital media revolves around page views and click bait. The income it can generate can be massive from advertisers who are attached to certain sensational articles.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
You are improving slightly, but only because you haven't produced as much drivel this time. 8/10.
If you only aim for adequate in life, falling short makes you inadequate.
If you are attempting to have a battle of wits, I am prepared to wait until you are armed ! ;)
So speaks the master of muppets, kept in the dark and fed horse sh1t, which half of your wit will you be using :unsure:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Duke of Edinburgh
Having worked in a news room , attended daily editorial meetings ( as a lowly gofer ) and read galley copy after the sub ed's have wielded their pens , i can honestly say that the Editor always wins , their parameters are laid down by the owners managing editor . Ask Boris , the Ed's way or the highway .
Steve

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Duke of Edinburgh
The problem with some journalists is, they want everyone else to be accountable......except themselves.
I miss Kay Burley like I would miss a hole in my head.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Duke of Edinburgh
Whoa!!!

How far away from the Duke of Edinburgh this is getting!

Maisie

The fella wasn’t perfect but none of us are. For sure he’s done far, far more good in this world than bad, that good came from the position he held. He came from an era that most of us never even lived in or could ever comprehend.........

Maisie

Duke of Edinburgh
Okay, but this thread seems to be gettng into personalities clashing and offering their opinions of others.

Have we (I am not trying to be facetious) a thread where people can indulge in slanging matches? If there isn't such a thread, perhaps one should be introduced.

Maisie

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
Maisie,
Not a slanging match but merely an attempt at educating Mollag.
They do say we can't train pork, but we must at least give it a go.
It's not far away from Phil the Greek though. If he hadn't died, the papers wouldn't be banging on about him.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
The fella wasn’t perfect but none of us are. For sure he’s done far, far more good in this world than bad, that good came from the position he held. He came from an era that most of us never even lived in or could ever comprehend.........
I am in no way a Royal fan but I suspect I would have enjoyed a belly to the bar drink with ould Philip Windsor, the tales he could tell eh?

Kanga

Duke of Edinburgh
All journalists should have the freedom to publish, and all readers should have the right to call out and correct deceit and lies.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Duke of Edinburgh
I don’t know if the problem is being a Royal or just being human. Everyone makes mistakes, fortunately we don’t have all and sundry looking for them from us mere mortals.
If ever my balls ups gets totted up, a gallows would be erected.
He left his mark on this planet for many a youngster, that IMO out trumps any downers folk may have on him.

Saoirse

Duke of Edinburgh
As an outsider can any Briish people tell me why the television coverage of this has created one of the biggest number of complaints BBC has ever had

Are we as I suspect seeing a generational realignment whereby most people dont give a stuff about royals anymore- whilst our older generation TLF demographic differs
For the record I personally have no beef either way re views on this but as a human being I think let's let a 100yr old have his dignity

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Duke of Edinburgh
As an outsider can any Briish people tell me why the television coverage of this has created one of the biggest number of complaints BBC has ever had

Are we as I suspect seeing a generational realignment whereby most people dont give a stuff about royals anymore- whilst our older generation TLF demographic differs
Perhaps the coverage was to the determent of some well followed soaps?
I feel so bloody lucky to have more than one TV channel to watch.

Kanga

Duke of Edinburgh
It was wall to wall repeated news which tended to become irritating across the day. I would have preferred some better constructed news bulletins at set intervals between programmes instead of it being repeated ad nauseam.
If it was this annoying for some people what is it going to be like when the queen dies?

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
It was wall to wall repeated news which tended to become irritating across the day. I would have preferred some better constructed news bulletins at set intervals between programmes instead of it being repeated ad nauseam.
If it was this annoying for some people what is it going to be like when the queen dies?
Agree entirely.
And to add to Chips' earlier comment, the problem with being a Royal in the public spotlight cannot be managed in this age of media which is global and cannot be controlled.
At one time, the Royals could enjoy the best PR announcements but could keep indiscretions covered over.
That went out of the window a long time ago but the Royals seem to resent being 'found out' ie Paedo Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom