Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
99 Year old war hero who overcame immense personal tragedy became was a global influence on the environmental protection long before it became trendy, a creator of the DOE award which had such a massive impact on the lives of millions of children, a person who's contributions to charity and sport are almost beyond measure and the confidant and supporter of the Queen for over 75 years, has died
He was in the war but no more a hero than anyone else. He had the privilege and time on his hands to make contributions. He was also heavily involved in the World Wildlife Fund but still shot Pheasants, Grouse and Stags (obviously they didn't count) and as for the exploits that were never reported by the press, I will stick with my previous post thankyou.

Chasey

Duke of Edinburgh
He was in the war but no more a hero than anyone else. He had the privilege and time on his hands to make contributions. He was also heavily involved in the World Wildlife Fund but still shot Pheasants, Grouse and Stags (obviously they didn't count) and as for the exploits that were never reported by the press, I will stick with my previous post thankyou.
FFS shooting game has Fec All to do with the environment?????????

However, the preservation of land for game shooting provides a vital level of protection to a multitude of animal and plant species.

What do you do with the land if you cant make money out of shooting over it?

1: dig it up and plant crops

2: Open it up to total destruction by sheep or cattle

Are you a vegan or do you just get other people to kill your meet for you to save you having to do it yourself?

OK shooting deer is essential for environmental protection. I shoot deer for the RSPB to protect rare bird species and National Trust to prevent disseise and over breading in the herd, and several estate owners, one of whom is a vegetarian but he still understands his environmental responsibilities and carries out deer squirrel and rabbit management on his land

Prince Philip used LPG cars for every day travel, he got the entire royal fleet of cars on to Unleaded petrol long before it became the norm, He was a founder of the World Wildlife Fund

He set up ALL the royal farms as Organic farms many many years before it became trendy

He championed environmental issues around the wold

He joined the Navy in 1939 aged 17. He was involved in several battles including the Battle of Crete and the Cape Mattapan battle where the Italians suffered their worst ever defeat at sea

He was mentioned in dispatches for his bravery and was later awarded the Medal of Valour

It was not until 1944 he became involved with the then Princess Elisabeth

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
FFS shooting game has Fec All to do with the environment?????????

However, the preservation of land for game shooting provides a vital level of protection to a multitude of animal and plant species.

What do you do with the land if you cant make money out of shooting over it?

1: dig it up and plant crops

2: Open it up to total destruction by sheep or cattle

Are you a vegan or do you just get other people to kill your meet for you to save you having to do it yourself?

OK shooting deer is essential for environmental protection. I shoot deer for the RSPB to protect rare bird species and National Trust to prevent disseise and over breading in the herd, and several estate owners, one of whom is a vegetarian but he still understands his environmental responsibilities and carries out deer squirrel and rabbit management on his land

Prince Philip used LPG cars for every day travel, he got the entire royal fleet of cars on to Unleaded petrol long before it became the norm, He was a founder of the World Wildlife Fund

He set up ALL the royal farms as Organic farms many many years before it became trendy

He championed environmental issues around the wold

He joined the Navy in 1939 aged 17. He was involved in several battles including the Battle of Crete and the Cape Mattapan battle where the Italians suffered their worst ever defeat at sea

He was mentioned in dispatches for his bravery and was later awarded the Medal of Valour

It was not until 1944 he became involved with the then Princess Elisabeth
He was no more a hero than anyone else.
If you want to be an ambassador of WWF leave the shotgun at home.
If he hadn't had the privilege, he couldn't have had his ideas adopted and if he didn't have so much time on his hands he would never have got round to it anyway.
You didn't mention his 'exploits and I don't mean during the war. He was what my dad used to describe as being 'a bit of a lad'. His exploits were kept quiet but the truth usually comes out eventually.

Chasey

Duke of Edinburgh
He was no more a hero than anyone else.
If you want to be an ambassador of WWF leave the shotgun at home.
If he hadn't had the privilege, he couldn't have had his ideas adopted and if he didn't have so much time on his hands he would never have got round to it anyway.
You didn't mention his 'exploits and I don't mean during the war. He was what my dad used to describe as being 'a bit of a lad'. His exploits were kept quiet but the truth usually comes out eventually

You sound like you have absolutely no experience or understanding of rural life. Lived in a town all you life have you?

And you haven't answered the |Vegan question yet? Because if you are you have my respect. If your not I hold you in utter contempt

How dare a meet eater condemn hunting when they eat meet slaughtered on an industrial level.

Not everyone in WW2 was mentioned in dispatches and only 8 medals of valour were issued in WW2

So much time on his hands?????? Honestly your bitter dislike is blinding you from the real world

I havent got the time or the energy to list the many many jobs and positions Prince Phillip held during his period of service to the UK

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
You sound like you have absolutely no experience or understanding of rural life. Lived in a town all you life have you?

And you haven't answered the |Vegan question yet? Because if you are you have my respect. If your not I hold you in utter contempt

How dare a meet eater condemn hunting when they eat meet slaughtered on an industrial level.

Not everyone in WW2 was mentioned in dispatches and only 8 medals of valour were issued in WW2

So much time on his hands?????? Honestly your bitter dislike is blinding you from the real world

I havent got the time or the energy to list the many many jobs and positions Prince Phillip held during his period of service to the UK
And his many 'indiscretions' ?
The super hero doesn't get any mention on that one.
His many jobs and positions wouldn't add up to anything like working shifts down the pit?

Hilsjw

Duke of Edinburgh
Harry flew over to the U.K. by private jet, as I understand it (after all he and Meg's said about global warming etc. etc ) He has to quarantine until the funeral ..... convenient. Megan can't come on her doctors orders ......convenient. He will not be wearing Military uniform as he has been stripped of those titles. My guess is, he will be seen at the funeral but will make a speedy get away once it's over. Just my thoughts, of course.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Duke of Edinburgh
The Prince passed his RCB at Sandhurst , he was commissioned into the Blues and Royals , whilst on his two active tours of duty in Afghanistan he held the rank of captain , he has the right to wear that uniform and honour , only a dishonourable discharge could remove the right .
Steve

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
The Prince passed his RCB at Sandhurst , he was commissioned into the Blues and Royals , whilst on his two active tours of duty in Afghanistan he held the rank of captain , he has the right to wear that uniform and honour , only a dishonourable discharge could remove the right .
Steve
Anyone who served on the front in Afghanistan gets my respect. regardless of what our gutter press say, and yes, I really am a republican, it's about the man, not his birth that he had no control over.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Duke of Edinburgh
Harry is the only one worthy of wearing a uniform in that family and lets not forget much of the hype about Harry and Meghan comes from people like this.

DUKE 1.jpg
DUKE 2.jpg

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
Dont look for honesty or integrity in Journalists, they are dishonest as a career, and journalists who become politicians sink even lower. :(
That's all journalists then is it?
My daughter might not agree.
Generalising is a cop out for a lack of intelligence and rational understanding.
If we work on that drivel we will speak in only one line sentences.
Do you know that Piers Morgan makes a fortune by being controversial and winding people like you up?
If no one took any notice of him, he would have disappeared years ago.
He thrives on Muppets like you.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Duke of Edinburgh
I've put it to one side that its about Royals. 73 years of marriage is some feat in anyone's book. We've got 50 years under our belts, my wife is more than just my wife, she's everything.
The Queen must be lost in grief but will she ever show it in public?

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
That's all journalists then is it?
My daughter might not agree.
Generalising is a cop out for a lack of intelligence and rational understanding.
If we work on that drivel we will speak in only one line sentences.
Do you know that Piers Morgan makes a fortune by being controversial and winding people like you up?
If no one took any notice of him, he would have disappeared years ago.
He thrives on Muppets like you.
I disagree, your blindness because your daughter makes you a nonesense poster, if we started giving examples or deceitful and lying journalists in the Mail alone, we would be here a long time but just to pander to your odd defense of of Morgan and a sometimes disgraceful profession we will say your Daughter is perhaps the only honest journo in the land, are all folk who disagree with you muppets then,? Is that a generalisation on your part?, but I imagine you dont see a lack of intelligence within yourself, Funny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom