Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroom

Duke of Edinburgh
Apparantly people in the UK are a little irked at the blanket TV coverage. What a shame.
The BBC have been televising the 41 gun salute which takes 40 minutes.
Who is so sad to watch blokes load a gun, fire it, reload a gun, fire it etc etc for 40 minutes when the Mighty Leeds are playing footie on BT?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Duke of Edinburgh
2 venomous snake in the grass teams showing no respect for the Duke, disgraceful

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
Apparantly people in the UK are a little irked at the blanket TV coverage. What a shame.
There have been a large amount of complaints to the BBC for sure, the TV Media do seem to be in a Ghoulish feeding frenzy of repetitive broadcasting, quite undignified IMHO, I reckon they got it wrong. Not a problem for me as I watch very little TV per se, rather download and choose what I watch and hours of "Philip" isnt something I chose.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Duke of Edinburgh
The BBC have been televising the 41 gun salute which takes 40 minutes.
Who is so sad to watch blokes load a gun, fire it, reload a gun, fire it etc etc for 40 minutes when the Mighty Leeds are playing footie on BT?
BBC seem to manage to get it wrong on everything they do. They either overdo it, or ignore it; things like WOKE, BLM, Licence fees, repeat programming, political bias, staff salaries, Brexit - they seem to put a big foot in it each time. The problem of a group of people who all think the same way, and hire people just like themselves, then congratulate themselves on how "in-touch" they are.

I am sad about his death, he had a good life, but I thought there was something wrong with my radio last night when every schedule had been changed, and every prog was doing his life story, hour after hour.

Ian

Hilsjw

Duke of Edinburgh
Am I the only one who enjoyed watching the old footage of events re. the Royals ? Yes, he lived a great long life so serious mourning is nonsense, especially to most people who never met him. We shall be watching the funeral on Saturday too.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Duke of Edinburgh
The problem with excessive outpourings of Media "grief" is, what will they do when The Queen dies ? stop all programming for a week ?. show solid compulsory royal complimentary news for the masses? Sometimes less is more, I think they have not learned this yet. Those who feel the need to Grieve really dont need the assistance of the press.

Chasey

Duke of Edinburgh
99 year old Greek bloke dies. Get over it.

99 Year old war hero who overcame immense personal tragedy became was a global influence on the environmental protection long before it became trendy, a creator of the DOE award which had such a massive impact on the lives of millions of children, a person who's contributions to charity and sport are almost beyond measure and the confidant and supporter of the Queen for over 75 years, has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom