juco

DT, UK State Visit Petition
It was only sitting at 131,000 around 4 pm today, the numbers are mounting quite quickly. I believe it will be debated at the same time as the `sign to refuse the state visit`in parliament.

Saoirse

Reading that proposal it's a load of bollox

UK supports free speech??? Lol!!!

We had entirely legal democratically elected political representatives not even allowed on Tv on top of their ban from Britain!!!!

Free speech my arse

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Please sign if you agree :flame: :love:

"Donald Trump should be invited to make an official State Visit because he is the leader of a free world and U.K. is a country that supports free speech and does not believe that people that appose our point of view should be gagged."

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/178844

Done T.
The guy is a total t**t but sometimes we have to do business with the like unfortunately. Its called being in the real world.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I haven't and won't vote either way but I do wonder how trump feels about free speech. He doesn't come over in favour of it from what I've seen so far.

Martin

tintagel

It was only sitting at 131,000 around 4 pm today, the numbers are mounting quite quickly. I believe it will be debated at the same time as the `sign to refuse the state visit`in parliament.

Ah sure he may as visit and he could swing over here and drop a few dollars with Gerry’s and the Boys!
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic

Your link is a 404, sleepy.

Votes just shot past 168,000, I guess the word is getting out there tonight, full steam ahead :)

tintagel

Last edited:

eliza

The five countries Trump has selected for the temporary ban were already named by Obama - there isn't much about it in the British press, but there were five terrorist attacks in Germany last year, which Angela Merkel herself admitted were by incomers posing as asylum seekers. So the argument that this has not happened in America yet, is really no argument against Trump's action, he wants to prevent that happening in the US.
Personally I think it is quite OK to put the safety of your own citizens first, keeping its citizens safe is the first duty of any state.
The protests got started before anyone really understood the temporary nature of the bans, just the half-baked liberal left using any excuse to make a fuss.
If we continue to insult Trump and the USA, he may truly not want to support NATO, I wouldn't blame him for that. One of the reasons I wanted to leave the EU was because we are the second-largest contributors but kept being told we were troublemakers and nothing special. I resent that on a national level as I would on a personal level, it's my tax that is going towards the wretched EU budget, appreciation is wanted, not abuse. Why do people think they can shout their insulting views with impunity and not expect a negative reaction in return.
Trump is explicity doing what he was elected to do ....
Please do not use bad language in any replies ....

Akasya

Postless Pointer
He should be requested to attend as HM Gov have indicated , too late now. Mrs may is an inexperienced Prime Minister and probably has decided to run before she should.

An excellent article and critique from the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-worse-Assad-Unsavoury-leaders-Queen-met.html

The elected Gov run the country and Her Majesty is a state employee funded and subsidised to carry out the government of the day's wishes.

If she does not like it , do the honourable thing follow her conscience and resign.

Personally , i hope that he does attend and causes maximum embarrassment to the Government , touch wood the on street protests will make it clear that the people who care enough to protest peacefully do not like him.

Steve

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Personally , i hope that he does attend and causes maximum embarrassment to the Government , touch wood the on street protests will make it clear that the people who care enough to protest peacefully do not like him.

Hope over experience! The usual rentamob will use it as an excuse to riot and loot shops.

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom