suzyq

Drunken revellers stretch emergency services to the limit
Why are these people being treated for free and why is good money being wasted on them when it could be put to better use?

In London, a centre for drunks in Soho was set up at a cost of £500,000. All beds were taken by 11.30pm on Friday.

Paramedics in the major cities were stretched to the limit, with Newcastle's ambulance service taking up to 1,200 calls on Friday alone

Read more: Christmas 2012: Drunken revellers cause carnage across Britain | Mail Online

tintagel

On a lighter note :)

"In London, a centre for drunks in Soho was set up at a cost of £500,000. All beds were taken by 11.30pm on Friday."

In bed by 11.30! They can't be very serious boozers giving up that early & on a Friday night!!! :brick:

Smiler

You could say the same with smokers. Self inflicted diseases. Where would you draw a line?

John O' Dreams

Most Valued Member
Why are these people being treated for free and why is good money being wasted on them when it could be put to better use?

In London, a centre for drunks in Soho was set up at a cost of £500,000. All beds were taken by 11.30pm on Friday.

Paramedics in the major cities were stretched to the limit, with Newcastle's ambulance service taking up to 1,200 calls on Friday alone

Read more: Christmas 2012: Drunken revellers cause carnage across Britain | Mail Online

Yeah, these people all woke up one morning and decided to wreck their lives - and those of their loved-ones.

Only those who have never had too much to drink could possibly be excused for such ignorance.

There but for the grace etc.

suzyq

I've got nothing against people going out a good time. I've been the worse for wear after a few too many a fair few times but I've never needed medical help. It just worries me that people who need an ambulance won't get it because the ambulances are too busy dealing with people who have had too much to drink.

kibris

all beds taken by 11--30pm?-----of course ıt all depends how early they went on the lash!

John O' Dreams

Most Valued Member
It's the bloody Daily Mail suzyq.

A centre for drunks? What a load of tosh.

So, drunk people will make their way (or be sent) to this 'centre' rather than their own homes.

I reckon it's mischief-making once again by that cheap arse-wipe rag.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom