driving to turkey
Hi all,
Just want to pick your brains,
anyone ever took a caravan to Turkey? My hubby would like to take his time driving from uk to turkey and back , say 2 weeks each way, stopping for days in different countries to appreciate the different places instead of just passing through.Basically, are there any major pitfalls, we have gone all around France, Germany, Luxembourg and Spain so are used to towing abroad but this is one of his dream adventures when he retires . Any info would be appreciated. Obviously he will have to cost it all out first and I know a motorhome would be better but we have a caravan and I couldn't stand the constant packing up a motorhome unless he could buy a huge RV which would then mean less trips by plane out to our apartment.
Thanks

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
driving to turkey
If you're already experienced in foreign travel with the caravan, I can't see you coming up against anything major in Turkey that you won't be able to deal with.

Have a good 'un.

dalyansteve

driving to turkey
I would say go for it, although 2 weeks each way seems a long time unless you particularly want to stop for long periods at certain places.

driving to turkey
I would say go for it, although 2 weeks each way seems a long time unless you particularly want to stop for long periods at certain places.

Yes we would stop days at certain places as it would be a trip through Europe and it would be a shame to just pass on through. Maybe one of the caravan mags would like a report and they could feature it. We would keep a diary anyway. If we do do it we shall contact a magazine, who knows they may supply a van for us to do a right up on. Friends of ours did that once but it was only in France.
As we say 'you've got to be in it to win it'

driving to turkey
Hi i've got a friend that has drove to Turkey in a coach before. I had a mad idea of doing it once when I couldn't get a flight, but seeing I have never drove on the other side of the road never mind in a foreign country I was advised or told I not doing it. He said it would take 4 days to get there not sure if that was from this part of UK or not (Northumberland). I will try and ring him in the next few days and pick his brains if you like.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom