xhasgone

Driving to Kusadasi in June.
I have read some of the old forums of people driving out to Turkey and the different routes they have taken and as i am going to do the same in the first week of June ,i would like to know which is the best route i.e the Longest, /shortest/quickess and the less costly, i am in no rush i exspect the journey to take me 4/5 days i will be going from Dover ,i did read somewhere that you can drive into Italy and get a ferry over to greece and then into Turkey is this correct also i am going to leave my car in turkey and fly back i do understand you can bring your car in for 6months only at a time and it has to leave the country for another 6months before you can bring it back in and i am planning on leaving the car in my garage and hopefully the market here in the uk will pick up so i can sell my house and then apply for residence in turkey when i would then pay the customs on the car, any advice on this would be very gratefull.
Cheers JC...

Last edited:

phil b

i think as the car will be on your passport you would not be able to leave the country with out it
phil b

alison09400

i think as the car will be on your passport you would not be able to leave the country with out it
phil b

That's correct Phil...

Also it's the tax is astronomical for cars brought into the country..you'd be better selling it in the UK and buying one here.

Phill

Hi Xhasgone.
There several routes you can take.
when we came over we drove through France switzerland Italy Ferry then to Cesme in Turkey.
you can get a ferry into Greece from Italy then drive into Turkey.
If you want you can drive all the way comming into turkey from Bulgaria.
Cost wise Ferrys are not cheap but they give you a break from driving.
You will not be able to leave your car and return to UK unless you put it in the customs compound not sure on cost. The car gets put on your passport on entry into Turkey.
Also go carefull what you bring over especially electrical stuff, customs can be pretty hot on that kind of stuff.
Hope this info helps.
Cheers Phill. P.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom