KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Driving On The Left
Now that Samoa has officially adopted driving on the left, do you think that Turkey's any closer to doing the same, or will they just continue to drive on whichever side of the road suits them at the time ? :hmm:

tomc1984

Driving On The Left
They basically do what is says on your driving licence...............................................................................................................tear down the dotted line.

Driving On The Left
Normally they drive in the middle of the road.

But if a car comes towards them, then they drive on the right

Sandy

Driving On The Left
They basically do what is says on your driving licence...............................................................................................................tear down the dotted line.

Ha Ha Ha that's a bikers saying!

Driving On The Left
Many years ago I was driving into Fethiye when it was a one way system before they widened the roads. A guy was driving towards me and I stuck my hand out the window and circled my hand and fingers trying to be helpful and get him to turn around.

I was so shocked at the reaction I got. I think he thought I was telling him he was crazy. Whoops my mistake. Never use unknown hand signals.

I was later told he knew it was one way.

colin c

Driving On The Left
thought one way streets and traffic signals etc where only for august , or thats the way it seems in altinkum

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Driving On The Left
Whence in Turkey i tend to use the bit of road left to me by larger vehicles, better not to be argumentative. Watch out cyclists.

Steve.

mikehibb

Driving On The Left
I have a good friend from India and I asked him which side of the road do you drive on in India?

He said the side that is in the shade obvioulsy.

tinkyman

Driving On The Left
there are plans in Ankara to change the driving to the left in Turkey from 1st Jan 2010 but they are just going to start with lorries and buses only

traveller

Driving On The Left
Oh Tinkyman, thats brilliant. Loved the comment, laughed my socks off. Of course scooter riders always use the right side of your car especially when turning left.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom