lorraine

Non Active Member
Driving bad habits
After years driving in the UK and ensuring that we clunck click on every journey since coming to live in Turkey we have picked up some bad driving habbits, one of which is not wearing seat belts. We very rarely if ever see a Turk wearing a belt, but on the way back from Dalaman airport Friday afternoon we were stopped just outside Fethiye, this was one of the many random traffic checks carried out. No panic, this time we had all the car documents and diving licences the police officer gave the papers and licence a cursory glance, so not a problem, but then tugged the seat belt making my husband put it on and waved us on our way. However, the officer did not make me put my belt on. During this check there was cars speeding by us and motorcyclist not wearing crash helmets!! a law that was passed April this year for all motorcyclist to wear them.

Toy town cops at their best.

The way the Turkish drive I think we had better get back into the habbit of wearing a seat belt.

Driving bad habits
and what about random breathalysers...last New Year we had a few drinks at home then drove into town ..the police were stopping all cars in the harbour. it came to our turn and Yusuf was asked if he had been drinking..yusuf innocently said no..the cop stuck his head in through the window and asked to smell yusufs breath. he took a whiff and said ok drive on...i looked back and i was sure he was staggering from the fumes :lol:

PaulT

Driving bad habits
It's a good job the Turkish are such safe and considerate drivers really!! :laugh:

AND of course I always wear my seatbelt when you take me 'undercover' off-road driving Lorraine!
:larf:

Susan

Non Active Member
Driving bad habits
shirleyanntr said:
and what about random breathalysers...last New Year we had a few drinks at home then drove into town ..the police were stopping all cars in the harbour. it came to our turn and Yusuf was asked if he had been drinking..yusuf innocently said no..the cop stuck his head in through the window and asked to smell yusufs breath. he took a whiff and said ok drive on...i looked back and i was sure he was staggering from the fumes :lol:

shirleyanntr,

I am quite surprised to read your reply to this thread and your admission to sitting in a car and also finding it funny that the policeman was reeling from the smell of alcohol on your driver’s breath.

You replied to a thread called “Killed On A Scooter” condemning this drink and driving act.

But you are now announcing to the forum that you found this funny.

Sorry if I offend you :27: but I do not find this drink and driving behaviour in the least bit funny.

I always thought it was safe to take a cab to go home after being out, but not sure now seeing as you say Yousef is a cab driver, maybe we should all carry a breathalyser test kit with us before doing so to check them out.

Susan

Driving bad habits
hi Susan..i was joking...maybe my humour is a bit strange. we had a small drink at home...the cop wasnt reeling that was me trying to be amusing....the point i was making was that the police man had not bothered breathalysing yusuf..who incidentally wasnt in his cab that evening..he never drinks and drives.
last year a smilar incident happened on the Mersin road when Yusufs brother was driving..he is a Police Commissioner and a strict Musleim...we were stopped..the cop shone his torch at us and asked alkohol var mı? ''Hayir'' said Yacub..and he waved us on. we could have been rolling drunk for all he knew.
So have a fun day..

Susan

Non Active Member
Driving bad habits
shirleyanntr

:lmao: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha giggle giggle giggle giggle gigggle

Never laughed so much in my life before, bet Yacub saw stars and stripes flying that night.

Just unpacked my breathalyser

Must pass on your jokes to my brother in-law the Archbishop of Canterbury. :lol:

giggle giggle giggle :lol:

Keep them coming Shirleyanntr. :hehe:

Love a good laugh.

Driving bad habits
thank you Susan my dear..nice to have a fan. just dont laugh too much it gives you more cramp than you already have

Latest Posts

Top Bottom