bobthenob

Non Active Member
Drinking Rain Water
Has anyone been seriously considering the possibilities of collecting their own rain water for drinking here in Turkey.l worked it out the price for the consumption of the bottled water we buy in the shops on average is approx.4,000ytl,this includes my wife and l as well as my dog.
Back in Britian the tap water is safe to drink with a water bill that is far less then buying bottled water here in Turkey.So,by rights the water bill is a lot higher in Turkey then in Britian.
I done an experiment last year,by collecting the rain water one day during a southern wind storm that took place and drank some of this water.lt had a metallic taste to it,which tells me the rain water is contaminated with particles of industrial metals and gases.The winds came from Africa and over the palestinian area.
The next one was a northerly storm straight down from Russia and over the Ukraine.l tasted this water and found it tasted a little more purer but sort of a pungent taste and smell.
The westerly rain storms were less contaminated without any of the after taste.lt tasted like tap water from Britian.
The Easterly rain storms were a lot more contaminated with the after taste of an after taste that was hard to get rid of .The metals in these easterly rains were coming from the countries of the eastern side of Turkey.

The freshest and purest rain water l have ever tasted was in Cornwall.l collected a pan of water and boy did this taste so pure.Since the Atlantic ocean stretches for 4,000 miles without any human industrialized activity,makes this one of the freshest place on earth.
What do you think of the price of water and the possibilities of collecting water to consume.
Do you think Turkey has a problem with contaminated water that has been contaminated by other countries with the weather pattern bringing the cargo of poisonous rain to Turkey.
Do you believe that the western side of Britian is one of the purest and freshest places to live for drinking the rain water and to breathe in the air.
I couldn't’t believe it when an estate agent told me that Akbuk is the 7th most purest air quality in the world.Obviously it is for selling purposes,because you just have to look around Akbuk and see the many fossil fuels being burnt and the many other area’s polluting the air that blows towards the vicinity of Altinkum an Akbuk tells me this is just a load of lies.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Drinking Rain Water
"Do you think Turkey has a problem with contaminated water that has been contaminated by other countries with the weather pattern bringing the cargo of poisonous rain to Turkey."

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Bob, but I think it also applies to most countries in the world

"Do you believe that the western side of Britian is one of the purest and freshest places to live for drinking the rain water and to breathe in the air."

Not if you live east of Sellafield!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Drinking Rain Water
Is it possible to have a borehole where you are ?

We have one and drink the water from it with no aftertaste or ill effects.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Drinking Rain Water
Is it possible to have a borehole where you are ?

We have one and drink the water from it with no aftertaste or ill effects.

The tap water here in Akbuk is terrible.it has so many minerals in it,where by the end of the year you will have enough of the sediments to lay a concrete foundation on the ground.
Funny enough,since you have mentioned it,we do have boreholes here in Akbuk,but l heard they contaminated it with sea water as well.l don't know if this is true or not.But l have also noticed how the tap water here also effects the plants when they are being watered in this way

l layed a glass of tap water overnight for the sediments to settle at the bottom of the glass.The next morning was a thick[not a thin layer]layer of a browny type sludge that is enough to put you off having a shower.No wonder l keep smelling funny when l sweat.lt's the sludge from the tap water accumulating on my body.
"Yes"..lmmac,l do give my dog bottled water

Last edited:

gra

belek member
Drinking Rain Water
Hi

Are you saying you spend 4000 ytl on bottled water.

In belek 19 litres is 3 ytl. that is 1333 large drink dispenser bottles (25 a week).
We only drink ours, not swim in it

Gra

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Drinking Rain Water
Hi

Are you saying you spend 4000 ytl on bottled water.

In belek 19 litres is 3 ytl. that is 1333 large drink dispenser bottles (25 a week).
We only drink ours, not swim in it

Gra

A 19 litre bottle of water here in Akbuk is between 4 to 4 1/2 lira's.l go through 2 of these in a week.Times that of 52 weeks and the answer will be 104 bottles x 4lira's =416.

sorry l had
the calulations wrong at first

Last edited:

mikehibb

Drinking Rain Water
Sorry had to laugh at your slight error in calculation.
At work we have some rather large diesel generators, our "Consultants" knowing that we run the generators 24/7 all year and knowing the fuel consumption per hour (K) decided the total was:
K x 24 x 7 x 365.
We paid a lot of money for their wisdom, until I informed my boss otherwise.

(would have put the correct smilies in thier place but they are all falling off the side of my netbook screen)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom