juco

Dress Codes for Tesco Supermarket
The UK has gone nuts!

from BBC news..

An Ayrshire businessman says he has been fined by the police for blowing his nose while driving.

Michael Mancini, from Prestwick, said he was sitting in stationary traffic with the handbrake on when he used a tissue to clean his nose.

He claimed he was waved over by four police officers and given a fixed penalty for not being in proper control of his car.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
In this supermarket nightwear wearing customers are so common they have introduced a dress code!

I don't think I have ever seen such a clothed customer and struggling to stop laughing over the comment Tesco's loss is Aldi's gain.

They apparently have been doing this in Belfast as well. I've never seen them but I would fully endorse Tesco's banning shoppers dressed like this.

Some apparently even have make-up on, high heels, and pj's.

Lazy shower of gits.....

C

GnD

I got 3 daughters up dressed and fed before taking G to work or Station by ridiculously early times oh and I was fully showered and dressed. Go Me as its obviously tricky!

Lazy is so apt.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tesco have an advert for milk with a celeb walking around the store in his pjs, very strange !

martin

Reactions: GnD

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
I'm a manager for Tesco and this is not company policy :kitapoku:

What this store has done is simply ask people to come appropriately dressed after a few customer complaints. It was the decision of the store manager or customer service manager at this particular branch. I'm sure it will have been removed already after it was shown in the press :attention

We have quite a few customers who come in their PJ's or slippers to grab a few bits of shopping, and would never consider banning them. I do find it a bit odd sometimes though :blink:

Oh and if you go in any extra store tomorrow you might see some managers and staff walking round in PJ's! It's part of our "Fun at work" campaign for our staff....

Last edited:

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Do these people lounge around all day in their PJ,s and then climb back into bed in the same clothes. I think it is a disgusting, slovenly sight. I think they should be barred.

Maura

GnD

Hi Spitfire, I think it should be company policy. Surely if they have slept in their clothing that can't be hygienic?

Saoirse

They apparently have been doing this in Belfast as well. I've never seen them but I would fully endorse Tesco's banning shoppers dressed like this.

Some apparently even have make-up on, high heels, and pj's.

Lazy shower of gits.....

C

some of their wives are dressed even worse

Martyn

If you bring in a rule people just find a way around it. It reminds me some years ago we stayed in a hotel in Corfu where the dress code for dinner was no short and vests. One bloke came down in his wife's nightwear which wasn't shorts or vest :lol:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hi Spitfire, I think it should be company policy. Surely if they have slept in their clothing that can't be hygienic?

is that less hygenic than people with cats and dogs ? maybe they should install showers at the entrance ! now there is another way to make money !

martin

I,m trying to get my head around what possesses someone to go out in public in their jim jams.
To me it smacks of laziness and shows no self respect. Even when I feel my sh1ttiest I take the time to get washed and dressed.

If they are out in their nightwear one must assume then that they haven,t even bothered to wash or are they abluting and then putting their jim jams back on?..... I think not.

Soo xxx

Ceni

Ceni
Q.Who in their right mind would go grocery shopping, or any form of shopping for that matter, without getting dressed properly?

A. A pure slob, that's who!

saffie

Saffie
Blimey! You wouldn't get me wandering around Tesco's in my nightie...........walking past all those freezers????

:behindsof

saffie

Trevor

well in altinkum male summer visitors walk around the carre four and migros etc. without their vests on, really attractive when they are sweating over the fresh meat counters - yuk!!! and the women are in their bikini tops - you wouldnt do that in tescos........

val2661

When I lived in the UK, every month myself and a group of girlfriend neighbours would have a girlie night in and the dress code was PJ's. A couple of times when we'd run out of booze, someone would go to our local Tesco Express in PJ's with a jacket over!!! I hasten to add I never volunteered!!

Val

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Yep Val, i have to say the same too..

Have had many a girly night in with snacks, booze and pj's...only to find we girls have had to hot foot it down to the corner shop in our (covered up with jumper & uggs) night-time attire due to an emergency Pinot Grigio shortage..

However, i do draw the line at doing a full shop in a hypermaket in old and smeggy nightwear & slippers just because i can't be arsed to wash and dress myself for the day ahead!

I agree with Rainbow & Ceni, it's lazy & slobish but I must be getting old as I think the same about people wearing tracksuit bottoms at the pub.
When my two boys were little I made sure I was up and dressed before getting them ready for school.

Saoirse

Cant agree

I have worn the exact same clothes for 82 years and have never changed them once and I am still popular!

M Mouse,Holywood

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Well if we're going down this route Philip..take a look at his mate Donald Duck.

Perfectly capable of wearing a jacket and hat but can't be bothered to put on his trousers!!

I wonder what the security at Tesco's would make of that!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom