GnD

Download Music Festival - Orestea - Donnington
YaY!!!!

My "Blue" daughter's band have been announced to play in the unsigned bands tent (Bell) on Thurs 11th June!!!!

Download Festival 2009

:36329ht5b:15::114mf::drum:

My Nerves will set in later!

Attachments

• Download Poster 1.jpg
    Download Poster 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ava

Fantastic, hope they enjoy every minute.

They won't be nervous but bet you will. Are you going to see them?

Reactions: GnD

GnD

Fantastic, hope they enjoy every minute.

Without doubt! thank you so much

They won't be nervous but bet you will.

I think I already am in the last 20 mins they have 75 confirmed as attending, the capacity is over 1000. Still ; she's been studying music, GCSE, A level, now doing degree and this is what its all been about.

Are you going to see them?

Not only is it £150 approx for ticket for the three day festival and my Rachael is doing one A level and three AS levels and its over four hours away so not really an option. I have been to about 90% of her gigs and I truly do not fancy those dowload loos!

Ava

Having been through this with my son and daughter one music the other dance I know exactly what you mean, when something goes right for them you can't help but feel nervous, exited, proud......then reality hits and you think how is he/she going to get there, where are they staying, etc, etc then......where's my cheque book?

£150 a ticket that's steep. I'm sure you'll be there in spirit.

I think it's great that they have the confidence to try and fulfil their dreams, hope they succeed

GnD

What music / dance are they into? YES been there done that! Italia Conti etc

My youngest Natalie does the whole acting stuff, managed children's tv twice, but its all a bit of a meat market and not my thing at all. But she is good so hey you support them in their choices, a parents job.

I think I support unquestionably because I was so into running/sprinting and being brought up by single parent with four children could not be supported sufficiently hence my ensuring I do for them. Its all good fun.

Ava

Our son is in to rock,punk, rockabilly, the latest is surf metal punk - no idea what that's supposed to mean but they were playing at the ABC in Glasgow recently and got really good reviews. He's toured in the Balkans (twice) and Sweden,Denmark and Finland. He studied Drama and performing arts but music won the day plays guitar, bass, double bass and a bit of organ.

Our daughter has a BA in Dance has her own company (well two actually one is for amateurs the other professional) then decided to go back to University and now has a Msc in Screendance. Her professional company is mostly contemporary, her amateurs do tap and street dance. She's danced in India, Chicago and all over UK and shown films in South Africa and Chicago.

Never a dull moment!

Both of them bring people home to be fed, watered and washed! Used to wake up in the morning to a row of smelly boots and trainers when our son lived at home, feel as if I've fed the world on my own! But I'd rather they came to our house even if they have to sleep on the floor than sleep rough in the back of a van in some lay by.

I agree with you you have to be there and support them and I must admit we have met lots of interesting people and went to see bands and dance events that we would never have noticed before.

I wish we had the chances that they have, but then maybe we wouldn't be the supportive parents if we had.

GnD

....Never a dull moment!

Both of them bring people home to be fed, watered and washed! Used to wake up in the morning to a row of smelly boots and trainers when our son lived at home, feel as if I've fed the world on my own! But I'd rather they came to our house even if they have to sleep on the floor than sleep rough in the back of a van in some lay by.

I agree with you you have to be there and support them and I must admit we have met lots of interesting people and went to see bands and dance events that we would never have noticed before.

I wish we had the chances that they have, but then maybe we wouldn't be the supportive parents if we had.

Words right out of my mouth XxxX
Very Well done to both :) may they long continue to work and enjoy work its so important!!

Reactions: Ava

Latest Posts

Top Bottom