SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Don't drink and drive in Singapore...OUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Singapore does not have a drunk driving problem.
This man was caught driving while under the influence of alcohol, in
Singapore ..... A first offense.

Wow!!! This hurts just to watch it.
Apparently it's more effective than a $500 fine with probation.
Nine lashes with a ratan cane for drunk driving first offense.
The second is much worse! (Heavier Cane and More Lashes)
He was unable to sit down and had to lay on his stomach
for several weeks after this.
Probably a good idea to take a taxi if you are drinking in Sinapore!

Attachments

• Singapore_Punishment.wmv
    3.3 MB · Views: 104

hijo

in my own clique
..he won,t be sitting down in a bar for a while..wonder how may lashes he would have got for watching x factor:7:

Last edited:

mike dj

Remember a program onT.V. about a young lad who had been Birched , I think it was Isle of Man .He said it changed his life .no more crime .Mike

This is just the sort of punishment that should be eked out in the UK.I would make the feral youth of today think twice about being yobbish.Nd think how many places could be made free in the holiday camps we call PRISON

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
That was terrible to watch!!

Drunk drivers are among the scum of the earth. I don't actually care if they kill themselves, like the drivers here in Turkey, its the other innocent people they mow down.

I wonder, would people choose that rather than a custodial sentence or a ban?

Akasya

Postless Pointer
I love the idea of birching the guilty, but only if the Birchee could inflict the same punishment on the bircher, if the birchee was to subsequently be found not guilty.

Before we get onto the arguments, like the death penalty, how many innocents would it be worth birching to ensure we got all the guilty.

Steve.

Couldn't watch it all.....too gruesome.

Perhaps not to that extent, but it would ruin the street cred of many a cocky youth as I doubt you could walk away from that without bawling like a girlie!!!!!!

hijo

in my own clique
..worst thing that ever happened was to stop birtching..and the national service,it would sort out much of the criminal activities in the uk,also the turkish youth have to do their army stint..i find them far more polite,than some of the ignorant youths in the uk:director:

waterbaby

That actually made my stomach turn to watch but what a fantastic deterant,i very much doubt he will be so quick to drink and drive again.Shame thats not the punishment all over the world!

GnD

Totally shocked and feel rather sick I had to turn off!!!! His skin was cut on the first two yet I think you said 9??

Not sure if I could ever consider that a correct punishment - inhumane. Who Could/Would inflict that on someone as their occupation?????????????????

I need a tea!!!! ...............................

hijo

in my own clique
..if i had a choice of seeing criminals getting birched on video ..or an old helpless woman getting beaten up for her small pension....i know which one i could wartch

hijo

in my own clique
..in a perfect world ..i would agree saoirse.. But we don,t live in one :38:

Saoirse

I am always a bit concerned about those who have an unhealthy eagerness indeed enthusiasm for corporal/capital punishment

That was awful to watch. But not as awful as the pain etc caused to the poor person the drunk could knock down on the road (or pavement) or the relatives of those who get killed. As someone said above, some of the criminals in the UK might think twice if we had a better system of punishment. Prison is a more comfortable life than some of the criminals have on the outside, so where's the deterrant?

Saoirse

with the so called ultimate deterrent being capital punishment how come many of those states in the US which have it actually have higher murder rates. its not a deterrent

States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates
Published: Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The dozen states that have chosen not to enact the death penalty since the Supreme Court ruled in 1976 that it was constitutionally permissible have not had higher homicide rates than states with the death penalty, government statistics and a new survey by The New York Times show.

Indeed, 10 of the 12 states without capital punishment have homicide rates below the national average, Federal Bureau of Investigation data shows, while half the states with the death penalty have homicide rates above the national average. In a state-by- state analysis, The Times found that during the last 20 years, the homicide rate in states with the death penalty has been 48 percent to 101 percent higher than in states without the death penalty.

The New York Times October 2009

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom