basic

Dolphins
This is why i love living in Akbuk.
Taken today at about 12.00 O`Clock from the shore at Yeşılkent, camera battery's where flat by the time i got to Akbük could only watch them.

Attachments

• DSCF0623.jpg
    DSCF0623.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF0624.jpg
    DSCF0624.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF0621.jpg
    DSCF0621.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF0625.jpg
    DSCF0625.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Dolphins
Hey,Nice photo. Been on many a boat trip, But never seen any Dolphins about. Do they only come around in Winter ? or Summer time too.?? Jeff

Dolphins
I opened this thread with anticipation thinking it may be someone asking about seeing dolphins in captivity.
I even had my soapbox at the ready....

Lovely photo Basic, what a joy to see them in the wild, roaming free as nature intended.

Soo x

bethx

Dolphins
Thats a lovely picture :happy:

Have been walking along the front today in Akbuk, got some lovely pictures and watched the fishes jupin in and out the water. Wasn't lucky enough to see any dolphins though :Cry:
Will have to keep a look out from now on x

giglets

Dolphins
Basic,

Fantastic photo.

Count your blessings every day, that you have such wonderful sights on your doorstep.

Dave

leanne3

Dolphins
absolutly stunning! its so nice to see them living in the wild and not being held in captivity! BEAUTIFUL NATURE!

akbukowl

Dolphins
I understand that shoals of tuna move into the bay during winter and thats probably why the dolphins are there

waterbaby

Dolphins
BRilliant photo's , i am very jealous that you have had the pleasure of seeing them in their natural habitat. People say they are often seen around the Bodrum peninsular but ivonly been lucky enough to see on once while out on a boat.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Dolphins
Wow -- what great photos and how lucky you are.
After living in Yalikavak for 14 years I still have not seen 1 dolphin here !
:fish2:

Dolphins
OH WOW!!!!!!

I simply love the fauna in Turkey....even the creepy crawlies and would give my eye teeth to have seen the dolphins. Wait till I tell them at work. Oh wow again. And thank you so very much for sharing your pictures with us.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Dolphins
I had the pleasure of seeing three dolphins when we stayed in Calis in September this year. It was magical standing on the hotel balcony watching them.

Jeannie

Tess

Dolphins
Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing. What a wonderful sight. I think they are the most beautiful creatures.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Dolphins
Wow how fantastic, we get them rarely on the Bodrum peninsula. have been living here 3 years and holidaying 20 years before but still haven't seen them in the flesh

mintyk

Dolphins
I even saw them in New Quay, Wales,,lol,, really they was Bottlenose Dolphins as a great joy to watch. Will certainly be on the lookout now at Yesilkent. Wonderful pics.

ps, no not the same ones,,,,

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Dolphins
Lovely photos.

We were on holiday in the carribbean about 10 years ago and I was out on a fishing trip when we cam across a pod of dolphins there must have been a dozen or so. They stayed with us for about 10 minutes swimming inches from bow of the boat and generally playing around in front of us as though they were happy to see us. One even did the flipper thing, you know tail walked backwards.

It was truly magical and the highlight of that holiday

They are beautiful intelligent creatures.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dolphins
I came across this photo on the www this morning

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/News/AnimalPhotos/Animals_31-40/dog_dolphin.jpg
dog_dolphin.jpg

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Dolphins
Lovely photos, thank you for sharing them with us. I too love to see dolphins naturally, and not stuck in little cages/pools.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom