nomaderol

Doing some easy real business
Hello Everybody,

While surfing around (not doing this surfing thing for several years), I came across your website. I am a man, a local of Turkey. Have had my own one-man business firm (import, export, etc), but, closed my firm after this global economy crisis happened. You probably know this crisis hit the international trade worst. Anyway. Now, I am working as a free-lance on my own. Having been experienced much in international business in many different industries (except the food) from manufacturing to simply buy-sell supplying, I can answer your any business questions/ideas. I have been involved in manufacturing and/or locating&supplying items from very simple items such as very small bolt to complicated items like race car parts to consulting on huge tender projects of world top companies like petrolium tanks or engine parts. I have worked with very small companies like blacksmiths to huge companies like perkins in their business connections. I even done some simple businesses like small rug sales on places like ebay several years ago. People/companies all over the world had been contacting me and asking "hey, erol, can we source this item in Turkey if available or if not available, can we manufacture it there" and I was doing a quick market research and if not available, was helping a manufacturing workshop to make it.. But, all businesses almost stopped, hence, I am thinking new things, so, I am surfing and found myself here.. Anyway, I think this little info about me is enough for the moment.

From what I read in your threads, I understand that most of you are retired people who are enjoying the life in small towns along the mediterranean and agean coasts. And, most of you are not doing much things. I don't think you need much money as you are already retired, but, you can still do somethings without spending much effort. At the same time, you can make some money, of course. This can be a help on a small or big big business connection, using your connections back at your homes/works, can be just a buy & sell some simple things. All you will do is "hey, nomad erol, I have this idea, what do you think, can we find in Turkey, and supply to my home country? and how will we do it.. etc etc" And, I will answer your questions here and if it is realistic, then, we can meet and realize the work. So simple. All on the net and when necessary I will drive to the place where you live in to meet and talk face to face.

Now, just as a start, here is a sample idea.. Ever heard about handmade fine silk rugs? In this small town where I live in (between Antalya and Konya), there are hundreds of looms working for this kind of rugs. It was tousands of looms before, but, it too slowed down, but, existing looms still can feed tens of tousands of people especially if they are retired people like yourselves. If you call this rug as carpet, it may give an impression like a simple household item, but, I intentionally used the term "rug", not because of small size, but, to exposure its characteristic of being an art also.. I also worked with world rug collectors before, but, no, I am not talking about old and antique art. Talking about new contemporary art, ok, call it, craft works. You may even want to get a small loom (I can send) so that you can weave your own silk-rug-art pieces. There are many rich people doing such things like a hobby especially in Northern America. You too can do, why not.

So, I remain here for a while for your questions and ideas.

Ps: yes, you can form a company to start an international business, but, unnecessary, lots of paperworks, etc. you can act as a free-lance in any business connections if you are interested in business connection. if small business, no need to form a firm. anyway, i will organize all necessary paperworks when (if) needed.

juco

Hi Erol

Email me as I may have a couple of questions re future business.
And before you do reply I will ask for references.
Where are you based?

Juco

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Hi Erol

Email me as I may have a couple of questions re future business.
And before you do reply I will ask for references.
Where are you based?

Juco

Erol?

ps forget it - just got it!!

C

nomaderol

Juco

Is there IM/email option on the forum here?
You can also ask your questions here unless they are very private.

I am based in a small town between Antalya and Konya, very close to Pisidian Antiochia.

Edited to say: Found email and sent. Juco.

Last edited:

nomaderol

Juco, i dont know if you received my email. I dont see the copy in sent email box. Maybe, you send me email.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom