raywood4

Dog Lovers Everywhere - Something "New"
Good morning or afternoon to all you dog lovers. I don’t know if you already know this but all around Europe, UK, Ireland etc people have been buying plastic bags or poop bags and picking up their dog’ s Poo as and when they do their business. It’s catching on everywhere and it’s good for all concerned. Come on let’s face it, you dog lovers take your dogs for a walk and let them $hit everywhere instead of in front of your own apartments or house, have some consideration for your fellow human beings, please.
It’s probably all you “Dog Lovers” who are on this site complaining about how untidy the streets are or how much litter and rubbish there is around Altinkum, well take a look in the mirror, it begins with you good people. This has been sent with good intention not to offend anyone.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Good morning or afternoon to all you dog lovers. I don’t know if you already know this but all around Europe, UK, Ireland etc people have been buying plastic bags or poop bags and picking up their dog’ s Poo as and when they do their business. It’s catching on everywhere and it’s good for all concerned. Come on let’s face it, you dog lovers take your dogs for a walk and let them $hit everywhere instead of in front of your own apartments or house, have some consideration for your fellow human beings, please.
It’s probably all you “Dog Lovers” who are on this site complaining about how untidy the streets are or how much litter and rubbish there is around Altinkum, well take a look in the mirror, it begins with you good people. This has been sent with good intention not to offend anyone.

I always pick up after my 2 dogs , but its un believeable but lots of Turkish people have stopped in their car beside me when I am doing this and shout at me and tell me I am a dirty person for doing this -- sometimes this is a " no win " situ - so what do you do ?:42:

We had a woman who walked her large dog past the house in the mornings and it did a LARGE poo on the front doorstep until someone found out who it was. Also, some idiot neighbour kept leaving the front door open allowing another dog ( we never found the dog or owner who let him/her do it) run up the stairwell and poo outside the third floor flat.
Sue, you will have your work cut out here I'm afraid.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
It may surprise some people to learn that now in many Turkish resorts theres poop bins in dog walking areas .. Maybe a few people don't use them and the poor street dogs can't use them on their own ...And theres a lot of street dogs in this area ..

Have they not yet put up poop bins ??? Theres plenty of these in Alanya ..

Attachments

• GEDC0365.jpg
    GEDC0365.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 18

carolk

R.I.P

I think you are preaching to the converted, those who pick it up will continue to so as, they know its right and, those who dont, still wont.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
ome on let’s face it, you dog lovers take your dogs for a walk and let them $hit everywhere instead of in front of your own apartments or house, have some consideration for your fellow human beings, please.
This has been sent with good intention not to offend anyone.

Bit of a sweeping statement Raywood, you've done a survey whilst you're over there?

Yes, it has caught on here in the UK, I am pleased to report and where we take our dog there are many poop bins, funnily enough, I carry extra bags, to offer to those who walk away after their dog has done it's business, one of them recently being a neighbour!!!!

I would do the same in Turkey too.

So, as not to offend you, whether it be Turkey, the UK or wherever, please don't tar all us with the same broad brush you seem to have.

Last edited:
P

pinkie

What a horrible topic - pre-dinner!

However, if it must be addressed and the op feels that dog-owners don't pick up after their dogs, I must speak as I find.....most "responsible" dog-owners wouldn't dream of leaving it on the ground and always pick-up, no-one wants to tread in it, it's disgusting.

There are of course those owners that "don't give a ****" and happily let their dog poop everywhere then walk away.

I have to agree with the comment that the street dogs can't, but if it bothers the poster so much perhaps they can organise a voluntary poop a scoop in their area one day a month to help clean-up after the street dogs. For change to happen, someone has to start the change.

Clearly not a pleasant task, but if you want to challenge local behaviour and keep the place tidy, it would be a start wouldn't it?

Don't forget you can get long-handled poop-a-scoops now, that have a tray at the end.

Not a nice thought, but a thought nevertheless!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom