Dog food
what do you all feed your dogs in turkey? my dog is bored of alll the foods, have tried love chappy even pedigree these are the dry foods as i found the pedigree pouches 10tl a day to be way to expensive. we occasionly treat him to chicken but what in general do owners find that there dogs enjoys which dog food brands?

ChrisBobs

Dog food
Bones from the butcher/ Tansas/Migros boiled up with carrots/ bean ends/ leftover rice/old bread. Natural petfoods advice say add spinach! Still use dry food but less . Just dont know what is in it.

saffie

Saffie
Dog food
I use the dried doggy food from the pet shop and add tasty veggie bits and the occasional meaty bits and some gravy to my dogs food.

She wouldn't dare complain after she had been fished out of a plastic bag and tied up in a bin somewhere.

She loves Doritoes too whenever I get the urge to snack?? Ha ha.

Seriously though..........I find the dried dog food is best( about 5 lira a kilo) because it doesn't attract flies and bugs(thinking of her getting worms and stuff like that),and living in an apartment it kind of ' keeps her regular and predictable'.....but she enjoys it a lot more if I add some sort of juice,either gravy or even some left over soup to it................then she wolfs the lot down,no complaints.

saffie.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Dog food
i used the dried food, whichever is on offer at the time as have 3 dogs, I add pastsa/rice/bulgar to it along with any leftover veg, old bread etc.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dog food
I buy spleen, lungs, testicles, fat and bones etc from local butchers and boil them up and mix with veg, rice, bread, pasta etc

Dry dog biscuits are used as a treat or sometimes put into the stews to soak up the liquid.

A couple of our dogs have tried tinned dog food and it made them sick.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Dog food
Dry food for my 9 (and 2 street dogs) plus a bit of bread.

I hate cooking for us, let alone boiling up stuff for the dogs.

Our vet sells complete food the cheapest (supermarkets the most expensive). Chappi 48TL, Winner 45TL and Goody 43TL.

Our dogs will all eat anything and at the moment, they are on Winner. They are all fit, healthy and full of fun.

In all the years I have owned and shown dogs, I have always fed them on dried food. Clean, non-smelly, doesn't attract the flies, convenient and nutritionally balanced.

hijo

in my own clique
Dog food
..i buy the packs of chicken livers and hearts from most of the supermarkets ..kippa is around 3 lira for a large pack ..i just season and boil them .then mix with bulgar wheat ,pasta or rice....:Dsometimes hav it myself..:roundgrin

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dog food
A small amount of salt won't harm a dog. Just be sensible and treat them, foodwise, as you would a baby.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Dog food
I buy tripe from Metro at under 5tl a kg. They eat it raw or cooked. I have been told that it is very good for them.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dog food
Spleen(Dalek) and Bull's Testicles (Dana Testes) are both very good value for money at the moment at less than 3.50 TL a kilo.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Dog food
I buy spleen, lungs, testicles, fat and bones etc from local butchers and boil them up and mix with veg, rice, bread, pasta etc

Dry dog biscuits are used as a treat or sometimes put into the stews to soak up the liquid.

A couple of our dogs have tried tinned dog food and it made them sick.

Testicles.....bet you can't wait for a big sloppy kiss of appreciation after meal time
:77wu:

Biker Bob

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dog food
I eat the testes too! Rocky Mountain Oysters sliced and deep-fried in spicey breadcrumbs ! MMMMmmmm

essie

Dog food
My Westıe was only 9 months old when we moved to Turkey,he is now nearly 13 and has been fed on chicken livers and pasta or bulgur daily. A hand full of Lovedog or Goody biscuıts scattered on top. I also have 2 Cocker Spaniels (6 + 4 years old ), all are thriving nicely on the same diet.I fry up a packet of livers,boıl a packet of pasta,drain then add livers. Cool and put ınto large plastic box and put into fridge. This does them for 3 evening meals. They have Coco Pops and mılk for breakfast!!I have 3 very happy and healthy wooffers.

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Dog food
We feed our dog on rice and chicken or spaghetti and chicken, dry dog food during the day; she used to like pasta before, now she just picks out the chicken:redface:.

Sara-666

Dog food
We buy bones from Kipa, 1.80tl per kilo and mix this with pasta, rice or bread. They have all the left over food and we also buy dog food from the pet shop next to Kipa at 2tl a tin, I know they're spoilt but when she was pregnant and feeding the puppies it was costing us a bloody fortune! Do you feed your dogs twice a day, we have been since she gave birth now it seems she has got used to it and if we don't she goes hunting for herself, she seems a bit partial to the locals chickens!

Sara

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Dog food
Sara,we feed our dog twice everyday and she like crips and chesse as well.I personally think my husband spoils the dog,when i say anthing about him feeding her all the time between meals he says ,we've got to fatten her up!so she can live up to her name(JLO):nod:.She was really thin when we found her.

Vet-Yaser

www.didimvet.com
Dog food
-->: Dog food

Your pet’s diet must include six basic groups

WATER : Water is the most essential nutrient of all,and is vital to all living creatures. All pets shouldhave a generous supply of clean, fresh water at all times. When travelling, be sure that a supply of water is available. The heat and stress of travel may increase your pet’s need for water.

PROTEIN : Protein is essential to the body because it provides the building blocks, called amino acids with which the body performs vital functions and rebuilds its tissues.

CARBOHYDRATE : These provide the animal with fuel for the production of energy.

FAT : Besides providing a good concentrated source of energy, fats in the diet are necessary for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and are a source of essential, unsaturated fatty acids. Fat also improves the palatability (taste) and digestibility of the diet.

MINERALS : Minerals have important regulatory functions in the body. The macro minerals (calcium,phosphorus, potassium, sodium and magnesium)comprise the bulk of minerals. The micro minerals (iron, zinc, copper, manganese, iodine, and selenium) are equally vital in controlling many important functions needed for life.

VITAMINS : the main purpose of vitamins is to promote and regulate various physiological processes in the body. They are divided in two groups : fatsolubles (A, D, E, and K), and water-soluble (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, vitamin B6, choline, and vitamin B12). These nutrients must be provided together in optimal proportions to be most effective in the diet

Latest Posts

Top Bottom