ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Dog Crap Disposal
There was a discussion on radio yesterday about dog owners and how they dispose of their dog's faeces.

I have noticed whilst out and about that little plastic bags containing the crap are disposed of all over the place - I even found one a month or so ago left on the roof of my car which was parked close to an area popular with dog walkers. I also see them dumped on the ground or in the bushes in these areas and when winter comes and the leaves fall off, it looks totally disgusting.

What I can't understand is why go to all the bother of scooping the crap into a possibly environmentally damaging plastic bag and then throwing it down somewhere?

What do you do with your dogs?

I'd be interested to know what happens in Turkey too - are all you ex-pat dog owners setting an example by cleaning it up or is it not done there?

C

carolk

R.I.P
Dog Crap Disposal
Yes I do Craig. I collect in a small nappy bag and put it in my bin. I know about the plastic bit and the environment but its hard to find anything else. My dog is 9 now and I was used to doing it in the UK so I do it here, my neighbours do appreciate it now, but at first looked at me like I was crazy!!

Dog Crap Disposal
You can get biodegradable nappy sacks. That is what I poop the scoop into! I sometimes think that the plastic bags hanging off trees is not dog poop. I believe that sometimes this is what homeless people have to resort to, but is it not nappy bags, it is shopping bags, so watch out for the tesco delivery!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Dog Crap Disposal
Maybe this is the answer....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPV9SwCecTQ]YouTube - Dog poop, and pee in toilet[/ame]

C

Dog Crap Disposal
I take a plastic bag and kitchen roll with me and then put it in the nearest bin, looking at the dog poo around I think I must be the only one that does.

Sue

butt007

Warren
Dog Crap Disposal
Same here P.Bear we pick it up with 2-3 sheets off the kitchen roll and put in the nearest road bin, there's always one near by, there's nothing worse than shoes covered in crap.
Warren

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Dog Crap Disposal
Same here P.Bear we pick it up with 2-3 sheets off the kitchen roll and put in the nearest road bin, there's always one near by, there's nothing worse than shoes covered in crap.
Warren

Squished up between your toe is WAYYYY worse.

:77wu:

Biker Bob

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Dog Crap Disposal
Always pick up in a poop bag and we have plentiful doggy bins that are emptied regularly, but there are some irresponsible owners who do not pick up, and it's they that get us that do a bad reputation.

Dog Crap Disposal
Has anyone every picked up someone elses dog poo thinking it was deposited by their own pet? I have and it made me feel really odd.... strange. I did not know whether to carry on (being a responsible sort) or drop it out of the bag....

I guess that is why I like walking in the winter. The steam rising is a good indication that it is fresh and belongs to your "family"!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Dog Crap Disposal
Has anyone every picked up someone elses dog poo thinking it was deposited by their own pet? I have and it made me feel really odd.... strange. I did not know whether to carry on (being a responsible sort) or drop it out of the bag....

I guess that is why I like walking in the winter. The steam rising is a good indication that it is fresh and belongs to your "family"!

Aaaah nothing beats a nice fresh steaming turd - that reminds me, how's the MP's expenses thing going? :hehe:

C

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Dog Crap Disposal
well i walk my dogs in the farmers fields he says its ok as already lots of cow pats in there , But in other places like a park or service area i use poop scoops and kitchen roll . The worst is if the dog as one of his bouts of colitis and the poo is more like water . Thats akward but i have to be quick when he squats and place the kitchen roll on the ground !in record time ,

teresa

Free Thinker
Dog Crap Disposal
I also pick up poo just as I did in the UK. Turkish neighbours were very surprised when I picked it up from common ground. It either goes in the big bins if I am out or it comes home to my bin. Unfortunately I do use the small mini boy bags which I get by the kilo.

I have not seen bio degradable nappy bags, are they in Turkey? I don't really tend to look at baby stuff.

Just a thought as well. In my town in the UK they installed poop bins which was great and you could post your parcel while you were out. The problem was they had no system for emptying these bins on a regular basis. They ended up overflowing and someone had to ring up to get the bin emptied.

Also "children" used to empty them over the floor and scatter the bags and crap everywhere.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Dog Crap Disposal
l just do not know how my dog does this,but she seems to have this deliberate behaviour just to wind me up.
Of all the open spaces there are in Abuk to release her contents from the rear.She seems to hold it until she sees people having a picnic on the grass enjoying the fresh air around them and their company.That's until my dog comes along and craps right in front of them,robbing them of that fresh air,from the mother of all dumps sucking all the fresh air from them.l could murder her sometimes.

l say to the people in turkish,l am so sorry.And then l use a shopping bag,l turned inside out to scoop the turd up,and then turn the bag back to the way it was.l dispose of it into any bin l come across that are dotted all around the area.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Dog Crap Disposal
I think I am the only person in Yalikavak to pick up after my 2 dogs
I put in nappy bags and deposit into the nearest bin - I do get very strange looks from the Turks and also from some English
It makes my blood boil when I see Turks with dogs and they take them from their car and let them do their business either on the park or beach and then just smile ( like they are so proud of their dog ) and walk back to their car !
Also I have lots of arguements when its very hot and my dogs just need a quick dunk in the sea - Turks shout at me and say they will call the Jandarma - There is no signs on the beach where I go banning dogs - but its OK for the Turks to swim in their underpants - clothes etc - spitting and blowing their noses in that disgusting way they do and leaving bags full of litter around -- And they say my dogs are dirty -- LOL
Rant over !

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Dog Crap Disposal
Ok, picture the scene - me and Zuberdust are strolling down the street (look, the kid needs a little guidance from an older hand alright?)..

We suddenly stop and I point down and say, 'What's that Zuber?' He says 'Looks like dog crap to me'. 'Touch it', I say. 'What's it feel like?' I ask. 'It feels like dog crap' he says.

'Hmm, what does it smell like?' He raises his hand to his nose, sniffs, and says. 'Smells like dog crap'. 'Taste it' I say. Zuber tastes it and says. ' Yep, it tastes like dog crap too'

'Just as well we didn't step in it then eh Zuber?'.......:hehe:

C

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Dog Crap Disposal
l just do not know how my dog does this,but she seems to have this deliberate behaviour just to wind me up.
Of all the open spaces there are in Abuk to release her contents from the rear.She seems to hold it until she sees people having a picnic on the grass enjoying the fresh air around them and their company.That's until my dog comes along and craps right in front of them,robbing them of that fresh air,from the mother of all dumps sucking all the fresh air from them.l could murder her sometimes.

l say to the people in turkish,l am so sorry.And then l use a shopping bag,l turned inside out to scoop the turd up,and then turn the bag back to the way it was.l dispose of it into any bin l come across that are dotted all around the area.

My kinda dog Bob, what breed is it, and how did you train it to fullfill it's only purpose in life so well. Does it work ok outside Akbuk.

Good doggie,

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom