peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Does anybody use Skype?
I can't say Iv'e used it or researched it, so does it have any really good points?
I was wondering how good it is? .. are there alternatives in the UK etc?

Harem

I've cliqued
Does anybody use Skype?
I use it. Sometimes the quality is better than MSN, but sometimes not. I use it to keep in touch with friends in the UK by webcam - same as MSN really.

Gemma

Full time mum
Does anybody use Skype?
Skype is great. I use it to call landline phones to the Uk for a penny a minute.

Does anybody use Skype?
I have Skype installed on my Iphone which has built in wireless internet.
So when in Yalikavak I can pick up some of the free wireless conections and call home.
I have skype credit set up which can be topped up when required.
We used the phone quite alot when in Turkey a few weeks ago and only used about £5 of my credit.
If I was to call a PC it is free.
Hope this helps !

maggie

Does anybody use Skype?
Have you tried Google talk??

That is free computer to computer.

Each person must have Google talk set up on their computer.

A head set or usb phone is requiried.They have now also enabled you to use your web cam thro Google talk as well.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

dalyansteve

Does anybody use Skype?
Over the years we have tried MSN,Yahoo Messenger SKYPE and others, with landline and with adsl and we always seem to go back to SKYPE as it is more consistant, is improving all the time and we use the pc to landline a lot. Other friends have it set up to transfer to their mobile which also seems to work quite well. As we live in Turkey and use the Turkish swith card to pay for the payable calls, for some reason we don't pay vat and it is done in euros. I think it works out at .017 euros per minute to the UK, but most of the time it is pc to pc/skype wifi phone so it is free. This means we can chat to familly wherever they are, all over the world, for hours for nothing.

muffinminx

Does anybody use Skype?
I use Skype for work here. Bought a UK London number for £10 a month which is brill if you have to call any 0800 numbers from here because of course they are free.

If you are making long calls to UK I would say it is great because u will only pay UK rate.

tjd

Does anybody use Skype?
Yep - I use it all the time when I'm abroad. I purchased a local UK number from Skype which costs £6.50ish every 3 months. Includes free calls within the UK to 'normal' landlines. WHen you connect from anywhere in the world you are just dialling a UK number from a UK number, you can also hand out your Skype number and set up a voice mail facility so people can leave messages. It's excellent - I'm sure last summer we would have spent more than £6.50 in phone calls home from a Turkish Phone Box or Turkish Mobile. Call quality is generally very good, it does have it's moments, but if you re-dial it's usually a lot better.

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Does anybody use Skype?
I have used Skype a lot and as long as you have a good internet connection (i.e. broadband) the quality has always been very good. I have a voip UK number from another provider for £1.99 per month and that allows people to call me as if I was in the UK but the call is routed over the internet to my PC in Turkey (or anywhere else I am logged in come to that).

It is brilliant and allows me to keep in touch permanently. Skype and Messenger video calls are brilliant for the kids keeping in touch with grandparents and friends when on holiday.

PC to UK landlines are cheaper with Skype and I while I have a Turkcell mobile I still prefer to call Turkish mobiles or landlines using Skype.

In the UK I have Skype on my Nokia 6500 Slide and this allows me to make 'free' calls to other Skype users whether they are on their PC's or other Skype enables devices.

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Does anybody use Skype?
I use it everyday. I keep in touch with my family and friends back home. There is also "Skype Out". It's where you buy credits with your credit card and the you can call from your computer to a land line...extremely cheap and usually a better call quality then calling from our land line to a phone in America or Canada. Skype works very well most of the time.

Biker Bob

butt007

Warren
Does anybody use Skype?
I also use Skype often, there does tend to be a time lag of a couple of seconds when you have stopped speaking, same with the screen image when you move it can be a bit jerky! but, hey it's free so what! otherwise I think it's great.
Warren

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Does anybody use Skype?
If you have Skype on your computer you can cal other Skype users for free. You can also use Skype Out to make cheap calls to people's house phones cheaply (though not sure of the charge). Likewise they can call you from their housephone using Skype In, for the cost of a call to London (it's an 020 number).

We also have a Skype phone, which means people can call s when the computer isnt on.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Does anybody use Skype?
I use Skype to ring my uncle from Turkey to Israel on his mobile and it costs about 80p for a long time.

JET

Does anybody use Skype?
Sounds a great `must have` system but, having recently arrived to the 21sr Century via Semiphore and Morse Code and buttons A (Speak) and B (Money Back), how easy is it to set Skype up on our Laptop ???? Do I need a screw driver ??????

Perhaps I should just get an expert from PC World to set this thingamijig up for use at home or abroad........

I`d appreciate any advice from you Forum IT Whiz Kids (lol)

XXX

butt007

Warren
Does anybody use Skype?
Hello Jet, it's dead simple just type in Skype in Google seach box or where ever, once on the Skype websight you will see the "DOWNLOAD" box, click on that and follow the instuctions.
Warren

JET

Does anybody use Skype?
Hello Jet, it's dead simple just type in Skype in Google seach box or where ever, once on the Skype websight you will see the "DOWNLOAD" box, click on that and follow the instuctions.
Warren

Thank you Warren - I`m just going out, but I`ll do the business with Google when I return. I`ll let you know how I get on.

XXX

trish

Does anybody use Skype?
I use SKYPE everyday it's user friendly and if my dad who is 84yrs of age can use it anyone can.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom