PASH

Do you think another war is on the cards??
Looks like North Korea are poking the world with a red hot poker and wanting to show off their military might - I have this sinking, horrible feeling that we will be at war again soon - God forbid!

North Korea has heightened tensions over its nuclear weapons programme with a tirade against Western criticism and a threat of war against South Korea.
The North also apparently restarted its weapons-grade nuclear plant a day after conducting its second nuclear test explosion.
It called South Korea's decision to join an operation to prevent the spread of weapons a declaration of war.
Its state news agency said it would respond with military action if South Korea tried to stop or search any of its ships as part of a US-led Proliferation Security Initiative.

"Those who provoke (North Korea) once will not be able to escape its unimaginable and merciless punishment," the news agency said.
Meanwhile, South Korea's mass-circulation Chosun Ilbo newspaper reported that US spy satellites detected signs of steam at the North's Yongbyon nuclear complex, an indication that it may have started reprocessing nuclear fuel.
The move would be a major setback for efforts aimed at getting North Korea to disarm.
North Korea had stopped reprocessing fuel rods as part of an international deal. In 2007, it agreed to disable the Yongbyon reactor in exchange for aid and demolished a cooling tower at the complex.
The North has about 8,000 spent fuel rods which, if reprocessed, could allow it to harvest 13 to 18lbs of plutonium - enough to make at least one nuclear bomb, experts said.
North Korea is believed to have enough plutonium for at least a half dozen atomic bombs. It has also test-fired five short-range missiles over the past two days and suggested more could be planned.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Well, we haven't got enough Soldiers to go round now - so we can't be involved. The USA have got someone a bit wiser than Bush in charge so if there were to be a war it will probably be China v N Korea - although my gut feeling is that this will be settled by 'other means'

pebble

I hope to God that we (the US) stay out of it. let the rest of the world deal with it.
I got an e-mail this morning that was citing the figures of american servicemen who are buried overseas, mainly Europe, the UK, france, belgium, italy etc etc, I was pretty surprised.....it was like 150,000, and those were just the ones we left behind.,

It's hard being us, the world hates us, and lets us know every chance they get.
but why is it, we are right there in a disaster, ready to help?

I hope we dont get involved in the korean thing...... let the chinese deal with it,

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I tend to think it's more sabre rattling by North Korea than anything else as the US tries to get the Six Party talks up and running again.

North Korea wants everyone to know they have a real bargaining chip...

C

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I agree Ceemac. They don't have the resourses to take on the south let alone the world.

Biker Bob

PASH

I think the biggest problem is their Nuclear ambitions, they have now proved they have the capability and i think China, Russia, America will just not be happy with this, all it will take is one shot fired over the border into the South and i think US troups will be on there way. I hope for all our sakes it is just Sabre rattling!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Before WW11 was the great depression where the resources were limited,but the spirit was limitless,due to an enemy threatening the peace in one's country.

Today is a completely different type of war where technology dominates the scene of warfare when attacked,which is rich in numbers,but the spirit of patriotism has somewhat diminished since those days during our grandparent days.

l believe it has to come to get rid of the evil once and for all,so the human population can alter a thinking pattern towards a peace that will stick without it being on a bit of paper written by politicians that instigate war in the first place.
Peace cannot be achieved if you have an enemy of peace in power.They talk peace,but is violated time and time again.Like l said before in one of my many articles on the end of times is has got to happen,no matter how hard they try to stop,it will still occur,because of the evil that thrive in power,and not wisdom's of peace.

Last edited:
HI Pebble

I know exactly what you mean and if the USA was my country,it would really rattle me too. I know a few Americans and fully sympathise with your heartfelt comment, Pebble.
Sure there have been a few mistakes but at least the nation has a bit of magnonimity at times to try to help others.There dont have to be selfish underhand motives for everything a nation does!!!

Last edited:

PASH

I hope to God that we (the US) stay out of it. let the rest of the world deal with it.
I got an e-mail this morning that was citing the figures of american servicemen who are buried overseas, mainly Europe, the UK, france, belgium, italy etc etc, I was pretty surprised.....it was like 150,000, and those were just the ones we left behind.,

I hope we dont get involved in the korean thing...... let the chinese deal with it,

Don't worry Pebble - i like you - My partner is from across the water, though have to agree, she does get some stick. Without the USA i feel there would be alot more trouble in the world, they thankfully have the strength to stand up to vile regimes and even more so if the odd barrel of oil is thrown in!!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Yes have to agree that the US has done far more good than harm, even in spite of George W Bush.

I really hope that Obama over the coming years will adopt the 'jaw jaw' rather than 'war war' - I think he will...

C

Don't worry Pebble - i like you - My partner is from across the water, though have to agree, she does get some stick. Without the USA i feel there would be alot more trouble in the world, they thankfully have the strength to stand up to vile regimes and even more so if the odd barrel of oil is thrown in!!
That was a nice sincere post to Pebble, Pash.
Have a Rep point

pebble

Pash, thank you.......

we all have high hopes for Obama......

PASH

Hi Pebble - Obama does seem to have a level head and looks like he thinks things through rather than GW B who just shot from the hip! Heres hoping he can restore the USA's much maligned reputation

pebble

Pash, the whole world is watching him closely just waiting for him to screw up, I hope he proves everyone wrong

I just know he will do well and hopefully will concentrate more on internal issues....I think it may be time to let the rest of the world take care of themselves....

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Pash, the whole world is watching him closely just waiting for him to screw up, I hope he proves everyone wrong

I just know he will do well and hopefully will concentrate more on internal issues....I think it may be time to let the rest of the world take care of themselves....

Can you answer me this pebble.lf the world is left alone in taking of themselves,but only one country has become hostile from the others by using aggressive tactics against other countries.ln your view, what is the solution.
To me the solution would be to defend what is precious to one's freedom.

Smiler

but only one country has become hostile from the others by using aggressive tactics against other countries.ln your view, what is the solution.
To me the solution would be to defend what is precious to one's freedom.
Are you talking about America or N.Korea using aggression against other countries?

Fendouglas

Gangless!
I think the 2 countries that have the most to fear from N Korea are South Korea and Japan, both of which have been occupied and 'emasculated' by America. Surely Obama will not now sit back and see these Allies threatened?

Smiler

I think the 2 countries that have the most to fear from N Korea are South Korea and Japan, both of which have been occupied and 'emasculated' by America. Surely Obama will not now sit back and see these Allies threatened?
I think America missed a golden opportunity by going after the wrong dictator with weapons of mass destruction in 2003.

If world opinion was against America and Britain then, it will not have the stomach to intervene in N Korea

labman

Why can't the human race with all its so called superior "intelligence" just live in peace with each other?

And Bob, whilst I'm at it, do you have a date on when it all goes off? as I'm out in Akbuk in a few weeks time and need to prepare. We do have a bomb shelter on our complex (so should be no problem getting the Iskan but does it matter now the end is near?)

Human greed (through both population numbers and mentality) is multipying at a rate the planet has never seen.

I was worried about some recent threads re: snakes etc, but now I look upon them as freinds! (unless one comes up the toilet! thats a different matter!) Also worried about the Mossy fraternity in Akbuk, I was bitten on the last day in April after cleaning the windows down, which was a big mistake and still have the marks to prove it, but hey! whats a bite when confronted with human stupidity.

There are so many good people in this world but unfortunately loads of nutters as well. My wife is a Catholic and I am a "non believer", a mungrel as I call myself - so to speak! (although I do have a quick word with God now and then!) I reckon if your a good person inside, treating others both animal and human with a good heart, then religion comes second place? (in my humble opinion)

Sorry to go off topic but it all seems interlinked in a strange way. As far as North Korea goes - I hope Bobs not right!!

Here's to common sense

LM

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Are you talking about America or N.Korea using aggression against other countries?

Any country that threatens peace of another country.North Korea has used threatening behaviour against world peace and must be stopped quickly.No pussy footing with a dictator that just keeps on violating peace treaty's.

l heard he is short of a missle or two in the cranium

Labman,for every hundred decent peace loving people in the world there is one evil nutter to upset those hundred by having a mentality without any conscience.That's is why they can get into power and enforce oppressive policies on the decent people.
Aggressive behaviour seems to have the upper hand over the meek,but that day will come when the meek will have the power to destroy the one's that has no conscience due to evil thinking destroys the conscience mind

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom