Saoirse

Do you think a forum fee would be ok?
Re: Tess (Sharon)

I reckon you may lose a lot of members if a fee is charged.

I have already said that distinguishing between deserving cases is difficult but for example setting up a legal advice service too is fraught with difficulties not least the costs

GnD

I approve of an annual fee, but I think Mushtaq is too nice and leaves it for us all to donate independantly, which I do as and when I can.

I reckon you may lose a lot of members if a fee is charged.

I have already said that distinguishing between deserving cases is difficult but for example setting up a legal advice service too is fraught with difficulties not least the costs
I hear what you say Philip but is losing those members a bad thing?
Even one tenner over 52 weeks of the year is infinitessimal compared to our daily lives.
Probably even the homeless could afford £10 for a YEAR.
We pay 80p for a local car park every week which is over £40 a year!!!
Give up the fags for TWO DAYS!!
There you go £10.

Yes the biggest problem will be which victim deserves help first and allocation of funds is always open to intense discussion for any cause!.
Often agreement is impossible

Last edited:

Saoirse

Yip I think you are right Terry

I certainly reckon theres a tenners worth of good advice and entertainment here

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious

I'd pay a £10 fee for this very useful, friendly fun forum.

Martyn

I've pulled these posts from another thread.

This is a discussion about forum fees and your views.

Guz1

I have no problem with paying a tenner. Who cares if we lose the "lurkers". Think the subject should be discussed on a separate thread rather than clogging up this one.

Scratch that - there is another thread.

Reactions: GnD

edeller

I dont mind a fee, Ive been a member of the Duran Duran fan club since I was 10 :)

Maybe for those who object, a restricted non-members section?
Emma

Reactions: GnD

Martyn

I think a fee would work well. Besides helping to pay the running costs of the forum we could get rid of the spammers. So the way I can see it working is that non members have full viewing access to the forums and can still glean information but to post and interact would require membership. Also on this type of forum you can have tiers of membership giving more facilities and functions. By the way these are my views as a member not as a moderator and do not necessarily reflect Mushtaqs views.

Martyn

Also I think £10 might be too much, something like £5 seems reasonable and affordable. We don't want to exclude people. We do want to exclude trolls just joining to cause trouble though.

Saoirse

I reckon a fee is reasonable

Firstly to pay for the forum costs but after that we would need to agree what to use any surplus for.

Ideas?

I reckon we will get the usual hardcore of regular members being happy with the fee and the other 13800 saying F*** off.
Its just the way TLF is!!
If its part of your life weekly and you have friends here you would pay it, but if you just pop in to catch up every few months,you arent interested.
It all depends how TLF matters to you and how your friends on here matter to you in the end.
The £10 cost is irrelevant because I cant think of anybody who couldnt pay a tenner in 52 weeks so it comes purely down to the principle for some. Most forums are free ok but is it worth paying for the little community that has developed here??
I like the people on here so it would be a YES from me.

Following on from Martyn,s comment if I couldnt afford a tenner in 12 months I would slit my throat!!
As I say I dont think its the amount as some wouldnt pay a £1 a year on principle so reducing it to a fiver wouldnt change things IMHO.

I also think, knowing Mushtaq ,he would keep his takings to a pure cost level and make allowances for his advertising revenue also.
I think the majority of the pot would cover unforeseen trauma, illness, hardship, donations etc etc at the ultimate discretion of Mushtaq as the owner.
Mushtaq is giving £100 to Tess so we can see readily the person he is!!

Last edited:

zozatky

I have no problem with paying a tenner. Who cares if we lose the "lurkers". Think the subject should be discussed on a separate thread rather than clogging up this one.

Scratch that - there is another thread.

Define the Lurkers please?

Saoirse

I asked this yesterday and got a bit of a dozey answer-suppose I asked a dozey question

It means people who view but dont post

Only if you stay Philip:angry::angry:
:smile::smile::smile:

I always lurk around when Lesley is on with that avatar!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom