Would you buy a property in Turkey? Please choose one that describes you best.

• No - not at all, ever!!!

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No - not unless the buying rules for foreigners is changed

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • No - not during a recession

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Possibly but not sure....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, looking now with the money waiting

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes, but waiting for prices to drop

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Yes, probably in the next year

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Yes, probably in the next year or two

• Yes, in a few years time

• Yes, but only when I can secure a Turkish mortgage

• Yes, but only when I can secure more UK borrowing

• Yes, when I can sell my current Turkish property

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Yes, when I can sell my UK/other property

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • If I did, it will be a spontaneous/impulse decision :)

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrFOG

Do you plan to Buy?
Hi folks. Not introduced meself before, allways been a lurker but me and the mrs was thinking about retiring to turkey in the not too distant future. I've been monitering the property sites and i'm waiting for more drops in price, some of them are still too highly priced for what they are. One well known site is asking silly money so i've had to vote on the waiting for prices to come down poll. I would have also voted on the one where the turkish system needs regulating as no way will i buy unless they have the deeds ready for me on completion and until completion i won't pay one penny. Simple as that.
Sorry this had to be my first post but i din't want to miss the poll. I'll post on the introduction board.

cheers to everyone

Martyn

Do you plan to Buy?
Hi folks. Not introduced meself before, allways been a lurker but me and the mrs was thinking about retiring to turkey in the not too distant future. I've been monitering the property sites and i'm waiting for more drops in price, some of them are still too highly priced for what they are. One well known site is asking silly money so i've had to vote on the waiting for prices to come down poll. I would have also voted on the one where the turkish system needs regulating as no way will i buy unless they have the deeds ready for me on completion and until completion i won't pay one penny. Simple as that.
Sorry this had to be my first post but i din't want to miss the poll. I'll post on the introduction board.

cheers to everyone

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are being cautious but I doubt you will get anywhere without laying out some money, good luck anyway.

nanamo

Do you plan to Buy?
I would vote if there was a 'if i had my time over again' box or a 'i wish i knew then what i know now' box. If we ever get out of this mess we are in I would still want to buy in turkey but would be very afraid to. Molly.

Do you plan to Buy?
If there was a box for 'need partial financing'-I would have ticked that one because I quickly learned that Turkish property is pretty pricy.
Having said that, Turkey is still cheaper than Europe.
I am going to follow the advice I've gotten on this forum and buy an older property with tapu and habitation cert. in order -this will relieve most of the headaches.
Darren and Dennis Osman gave good advice on mortgages, so I now have that part covere
I'm American and our mortgage system doesn't offer overseas loans-I would have to refinance or take on a second mortgage on my home here in Missouri.
Knowing that I can get a Turkish mortgage to help pay for a portion of my property is a big help.
My biggest problem now is scheduling a trip over so I can find my new home.
Grace

Last edited:
Do you plan to Buy?
I also couldnt vote as I have just completed my purchase of an off plan. and there isnt a box for me to tick at the moment sorry!!!!

Crystalclear

Do you plan to Buy?
Another good question would be Would you ever consider buy property anywhere abroad after your Turkish experiance?

Jane

Mushtaq

Administrator
Do you plan to Buy?
What happened to voters names? It was set to show them..

I removed the names, although it's a good idea to gauge what the trend is, I don't think it's a good idea to know who is planning to do what, the information can be used to by unscrupulous people to spam members.

As a rule I don't like to have member's names showing in Polls, as it exposes too much information unnecessarily.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom