JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Do You Keep It On
Just wondered !!!!!!

When you are in all day, day off work etc, do you keep your computer on all day. I do, what a saddo eh? :slapme:
I leave it , then keep coming back to it all day and night.

Jeannie

Do You Keep It On
I leave mine on too as the manual from Hewlett Packard recommended that action for modern computers.
It goes into sleep mode and is no bother so I just move the mouse and its back!!
I use it for my business to so cant be bothered to keep turning on and off.
I go out etc and just leave it asleep!!
NOT sad during the day,just practical!!
I switch it off at night because its good to have one reboot a day to get rid of any crap as Windows reinstalls the system.
Not everyone,s idea but following Hewlett Packards recommendations to leave it on all day on standby sleep mode,its easier for me.
I gather too that the frequent reboots can put more strain on the system from power surges than if it just sleeps loaded with just the early morning reboot daily.
May be wrong as only hearsay from the manufacturers again!!
Some techie like Martyn or JohnF may know!!

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Do You Keep It On
na i put it on sleep mode! i dont shut it down! to much of a hassle putting it bak on! (well not really but one is lazy)

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Do You Keep It On
Power save sleep at home, shut down at night. The laptops and towers at work are on 24/7, 365 and seem none the worse for being so. everything at work just gets hammered to death and just seems to keep on going, can't ever remember a problem.

Steve.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Do You Keep It On
I shut it all down last thing at night. Do you know if it uses a lot of lecky.

Jeannie

Do You Keep It On
I shut it all down last thing at night. Do you know if it uses a lot of lecky.

Jeannie
I bet you were amazed at how common it is to leave a computer on all day Lol.
Contrary to being a Saddo,its a normal thing these days.
As I said many computer boffins have recommended to me now that its left on for the day at least.
I shut it off at night because no need for it as I am a 12 hours type person and one reboot each morning does stop it being sluggish as Windows cleans itself on reload.
Prob no more lecky than the old TV standby and less in sleep mode.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Do You Keep It On
I am quite surprised actually Terry. I hated it when i turned it off then go through all the rigmarol of putting it back on.

Jeannie

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Do You Keep It On
I have mine on all day, and it goes off into sleep mode and turn it off at night. My part-time job also allows me to work from home, so I get the best of both worlds, I can scout around TLF, while I want to re-charge, and just relax for a while.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom