Do I need to register and inspect a 50cc scooter
Never seen a plate on any ebike. Even those kral kr25. Assume its 2500. Havnt seen anything bigger in Turkey. I just got a volta vsm from bim. Fun to put around the neighborhood. Restricted to 25kph. But it has a nice torque curve. Slow but steady on a hill. Also have a 49cc motor on a bicycle. Fun on flat ground.... but impossible to get up hills unless I get a running start. No clue if it's legal on the streets.

Right now I'm looking at a modern 49cc scooter to get from balcova to alsancak. And an old pejo or sometimes called a mobylet. Not sure if this thing is legal on the street.... very very rarely see one with a plate for sale. Wanna play with it and make it a cafe racer.

enoch

Never seen a plate on any ebike. Even those kral kr25. Assume its 2500. Havnt seen anything bigger in Turkey. I just got a volta vsm from bim. Fun to put around the neighborhood. Restricted to 25kph. But it has a nice torque curve. Slow but steady on a hill. Also have a 49cc motor on a bicycle. Fun on flat ground.... but impossible to get up hills unless I get a running start. No clue if it's legal on the streets.

The ones you see with no plaka 2500 and over are not legal but this is Turkey .I think there was a post on the forum a bit back saying ebikes where getting picked up if no plaka. It all depends where you are at. I think it was Mula or Daca area .

Last edited:
There are many misconceptions and false rumours circulating about electric scooters including information given by sellers.
As usual, Doc Martin's webpage blog has the accurate legal up to date info.
A direct link to the vast wealth of info is now available and no longer needs Facebook membership.
https://docmartinssurgeryforexpatsinturkeyblog.wordpress.com/blog/groupfilesindexpage/

However I have copied the relevant accurate info on the legal requirement for electric scooters below...

Any electric moped or scooter with an output of over 250W requires to be registered with the local police, (i.e, a number plate is required), they must have traffic sigorta, (insurance), the rider must have a valid driving licence and they must wear a helmet.

From traffic police website ” Article 3 Definitions of Road Traffic Law No. 2918, electric bikes with power over 250W are accepted as motor bikes. Accordingly, electric bikes larger than 250W must be registered, have Trafic Sigorta ” [3rd party insurance]

İf the power is from 250 Watts to 4 Kilowatts you need a Class ‘M Licence. İf power is over 4 Kilowatts Class A Licence is required.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom