jcrian

Disney comes to Koycegiz?
4rvmsx.jpg

It looks like a giant water slide but is in fact a new part of the irrigation system carrying water down from the mountains to water gardens and groves of oranges and olives here in Koycegiz. Before it went through peoples properties but the company owning it have decided to run it alongside the road.

Very impressed how this team of 10 workmen arrive every morning just before 7 am and pouring cement 10 minutes later. In 5 days they will have built nearly half a mile of waterway. They stop for about 40 minutes for lunch and work hard until 6.30 pm. No slacking here.

Yesterday all the 'bigwigs' (about 20 of them) arrived to inspect it. The downside was that they sacrificed a goat in the path of the work, presumably to give good luck. I am not squeamish, having been raising lambs for meat in the UK and compared to the slaughter methods there this was very barbaric and inhumane.

313gklc.jpg

m0o51.jpg

pembelu

i wonder will it be exposed as it is? a toddler drowned in one in toparlar last year...sad but true.
at least this one doesnt go through peoples gardens... i fear the one in toparlar probably did.
very interesting pics and info- thanks

GnD

Hi Ian,

I think I saw another of those in a town that I drove through during last trip but cannot remember which town. I am surprised of the width. A third less and it would be safer for children and animals and less obtrusive.

Debbie

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
How much are going to charge guests to ride the Log Flume ?

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
We havent decided on the ride price yet but I have the concession for the burger and ice cream parlor.

jcrian

A slight constructional hitch and one this bride won't forget on her wedding day.
Crossing the ramp over the new sluice the front wheels went through just now!

11vo93n.jpg

2lazvh5.jpg

CJD

doh::doh::hehe::hehe::cheer2: you could have sold tickets Ian
how many did it take to lift it out??

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
great pics Ian, seems there is a lot to see from your villa these days.....

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I was enjoying it untill i read about the Goat . I hate it when they do these things . I hate the feast of sacrifice as well . And i wont mention the Dogs . I think the only way i can live in Turkey is Blindfolded !!!
I've often wondered if Turks living in UK and other countries are allowed to do this ???
Can't fault how hard they work though Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom